1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at that 3pm Eastern time.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Letting go of the physical

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by yogigirl, Feb 2, 2019.

1. yogigirl

yogigirl New Member

Hi,

I read Sarno's books + the great pain deception, reading a lot on the forum and listen to Nicole Sachs's podcasts.

Still I sometimes think there i something physically wrong with me. My upper back, shoulders, neck are always feeling thight. It gives me chronic tension headaches, TMJ and also pain in my chest. I'm also diagnosed with vulvodynia..

I may have a bad posture and have muscle imbalances.
    (The yoga therapist + the chiropractor say that the muscles in my upper back are to weak en the muscles in my chest are to thight + i have muscle imbalances in my pelvis, so my pelvis is tilted and i have a leg length difference).

Can the symptoms still be TMS if you have these diagnosis?
    Does anybody have had the same diagnosis here and still recovered using the TMS approach? And how do you really get convinced?

Thanks a lot!

2. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Yes!
    I have the same tension in my shoulders and neck and sometimes I make a visit to a chiropractor who releases the spasm. But the spasm is there because of rage, grief, fear. I know all my emotions and yet if there are enough stressors, the TMS rears its head and I get all tensed up.
    It really helps to do Alan's 28 day program!
    I revisit it regularly to calm my mind. I meditate every morning. Do yoga and strengthening. Still, life often feels as if I am having rocks thrown at my head from several directions at once without a safe place to land. FEELS is the operative word there.
    Feelings create and inflame us and we feel pain instead of the full extent of rage, grief, fear.
    This is a very safe place. Visit the chat online today and ask questions. Jan is a wonderful moderator!
    I will try to be there, too, since it's raining and not much to do.

JanAtheCPA likes this.