1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Knee getting "caught" or stuck on itself

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Marytabby, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

I am a long time TMSer who got rid of all my back issues in 2005. I am now dealing with a knee that is likely TMS. My TMS doc in MA says he THINKS it's TMS but didn't say for sure. He vaguely said try approaching it as such. So I am trying the TMS approach. The knee grabbed my attention because I never had swelling with a TMS issue before and the knee not only has swelling but also this weird dislocating feeling whenever I pivot on the knee to turn around. I am pretty sure this is part of the TMS grabbing my attention but just confirming out here since it's new to me. Anyone else ever had a joint get stuck to the point where it feels like the ligament is caught onto something else, and it hurts when it "resets" itself again? Thanks, Mary

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marytabby. I haven't experienced that knee ligament symptom you mention, but believe it is from TMS.
    If you haven't started the Structured Educational Program, I suggest you do. It has helped a lot of people
    including myself.

You healed before from TMS pain and will again. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that our pain
    is not structural but is from TMS repressed emotions. The SEP helps us to learn what those are.

3. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

Thanks!
    Do you mean Alan Gordon's recovery program on here?

Do you