Just curious where you're from??

mousemom

Peer Supporter
I was just curious where everyone is from on this forum? It is just so great to see all the different people from around the world that have or is having the same experiences. We are all trying to heal together. Pretty cool! I am from the beautiful state of Colorado :) Take care & keep up with your journey!
 
I'm from a Chicago suburb and I'm 83.
A former Chicago Tribune reporter and feature writer,
freelancing for the past 40 years. A list of my published books is at
www.walteroleksybooks.com

I visited London year ago and loved it. I love British movies and television,
especially Masterpiece Theater and the new series, Downton Abbey.
 
Walt, I love how you've expanded 'where are you from?' beyond geographical boundaries. We really are so much more than our landing pad on earth. In this spirit, I'm 41 and have relished a bohemian life. I've been a croupier, a middle eastern dancer, an artists model but most cherished of all, a bookseller. That was heaven on earth. Little wonder my shadow side is kicking off, it misses colourful living! Ah well, I no longer have the taste for such vibrancy.

I too had a peek at your site the other day. My goodness, you really have written such a lot. Shame you live so far away for it would be wonderful to meet over tea and cake.

And to all who sing the praises of my fair isle, thank you. She is special. My fondness is reserved for her wild nature, it's the countryside I adore. All the rain makes for much green.
 
I love researching and writing. It keeps me interested.

Plum, we can have tea and cake by remote long distance. Your work life sure has been varied.

I really love British actors. Some of my favorites these days are Vanessa Redgrave, Eileen Atkins, Judi Dench, Colin Firth,
Michael Gambon, Ralph Finnnes (not necessarily in that order).
 
Walt, you're an inspiration.
Adding to your great list, some of my favourites are Charlotte Rampling, Jenny Agutter and rising star Natalie Dormer.
 
Yes, Charlotte and Jenny. I don't know Natalie Dormer but will look her up.

How could I have forgotten Maggie Smith?

I love the British movies made from many of the novels of Catherine Cookson.
I got them from Netflix. My favorite of them is THE WINGLESS BIRD.
 
Hi mousemom,
I was born in California, but have lived in Australia for 23 years. I'm 62, female, and my passion is travel. Just got back from 6 months in Egypt, Turkey, eastern Europe, and it is wonderful to reconnect with this forum and all the fantastic people on it. This website saved my life!
 
I just looked up Natalie Dormer. Now I know who she is and what she's been in.
I just didn't remember her name. I'm watching SILK now on our PBS station from Chicago on Sunday nights.

And I have GAME OF THRONES on my to-watch list.
 
Plum, you live in Australia! Never been there but like their movies.
I was a big fan of John Hargreaves.
I also am a big fan of David Hobson, since I saw him about ten years ago
in Opera Australia's LA BOHEME. I wrote him and we exchanged letters.
I have that on DVD and also his ORPHEO, and most of his music CDs.

I loved THE THORN BIRDS, tv miniseries.
 
Boston, MA! Born in Arlington in 1990 (yes I am a 90's baby), moved to Lexington for the schools when I was 6. I've been so overwhelmed by all the history there that I swear to God I've blocked it all out. (To give you an idea - some schools went to DC for historical field trips. We went to our town center). My heart is still with Arlington though - the town's just got more character!

I'm now living in Brookline (a great mix of suburban/urban) and in school at Harvard Extension working very hard towards a Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, social science concentration. Loving every minute of it (and with classes like "Religion in Collective Violence," "Buddhism and Social Change," and "Religion, Identity and Race in the Lives of Teens" who wouldn't?). I sing, I drum, I laugh a lot (quite easily amused), I watch a good amount of TV (but I actually think about TV -- I've been known to discuss an episode of a not-so-high-quality show that will remain nameless for my dignity's sake for an entire hour...it drives my friends crazy!!) and I occasionally write (less than I want to though). And that's me in a nutshell :)
 
Ms. Dormer won my heart in her role as Anne Boleyn. I felt she inhabited the part completely.
I grew up with Catherine Cookson novels and they will always elicit warmth from me.

To be fair, I think you can claim my favourite actor, Marlon Brando, and the first man I ever *loved*, Harrison Ford. First movie I saw was Star Wars. I was seven years old, I went with my Daddy and my cuddly toy mouse. Very, very happy memories.
 
I grew up in Northern California but I have been living in Austin, Texas for 20 years. I have two little Texans! Well, not so little anymore(12 and 14). 3 years ago I moved 20 minutes South of Austin on 5 acres to a little town called Buda.
 
I'll see if I can get Anne Boleyn to watch it. I love movies about British history.

The movie that got me started liking John Hargreaves was DON'S PARTY. Very funny Aussie movie.

I forgot to add Emma Thompson to my favorite Brit actresses.
 
I looked it up and see that Natalie Dormer played Anne Boleyn in the tv series THE TUDORS.
I recorded that on DVD so I'll watch it again soon. It was a very good series as I remember.
 
Back
Top