1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Just beginning your healing journey? Read this.

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Jun 3, 2015.

1. ReyDementor

ReyDementor Newcomer

Hi, I'm the noobie. Where can I introduce myself? Also, I want to say thank you that this forum is, it helps a lot!

miffybunny likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi ReyDementor,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki. I hope you use the resources here with depth and sincerity, and don't give up!

Reading success stories every day is a great way to use this site. Engaging in the Structured Education Program can be a great support. You can post your progress/responses as you go along.

Also, you might make a separate post, titled with your "diagnoses" or other phrase, or "introducing myself" to get more readers and response.

Good luck in your TMS self-work.

Andy

3. enidid

enidid New Member

Hello,
    This is my first post here.
    I'm planning on starting one of the programs available in the next few days after having read Sarno's book twice, the first time being probably one year ago when I couldn't even accept the idea of this being real (back then I didn't know this TMS Wiki existed and hadn't looked up any other info!)
    My question is: how do I know if the Structured Educational Program, the Pain Recovery Program from Alan Gordon or even something else (thinking about Unlearn your pain: A 28-day Process to Reprogram your Brain from Dr. Schubiner) would be more suitable for me? Are there any statistics on success rates? Of course I know everyone's different but I just don't want to choose something that wouldn't fit and end up even more disappointed. All the information available is overwhelming and there are probably lots of books I will want to read, but I really feel like I should dare and start to REALLY pratcice and be involved in a program I "sign" for instead of just passively keeping on reading stuff ;-). I feel like I need to write with paper and a pen. My main problems at the moment are being in a very difficult period (depression), fearing what the future might look like it this keeps going on and destructing me (plus my couple, plus my wish to become a mom, plus my professional career) and being obssessive. I am the kind of person that needs structure and I need to hear/read/see shocking stuff in order to believe them.
    Also, why do I get this "You have insufficient privileges to post here." if I try to post in another part of this forum? Still have to learn how to use all of this properly.
    Thank you for your time...