1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Joe Dispenza and Ramtha's School of Enlightenment

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jan 24, 2016.

1. pspa

pspa Well known member

Just another chiropractor way the hell out of his depth imo.

BruceMC likes this.
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

And making a hella lot of easy money in the process!

3. hodini

hodini Peer Supporter

I wish I could easily dismiss him as a charlatan, but I am aware of how immersed in JZ/Ramthas belief system he is. He is a true believer in the "you create your own reality" dogma. He may even believe that he has become the God he was meant to be as Ramtha teaches. This type of thinking enables all types of behavior including fleecing those for their own good.

Of course, while this makes this understandable it does not make it excusable. But it does go a long way to show how and why people will accept and defend him. Some call it charisma, I would say that a large part of his comes from the fact that he has invested so much of his life that to question or re-examine his beliefs at this point would render him ineffective in his delivery of his spiel.

Unfortunately, when the con believes in his own pitch it makes them all the more effective because of the visceral nature of the delivery.

Lainey, BruceMC, plum and 1 other person like this.
  4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, self-referential value systems are like that and can affect placebo cures via rewiring neural transmitters-receptors. But I bet they can only create momentary remissions of symptoms without creating a real long-term cure. That's why I'd like some independent long-term studies of Joe's cures. I remember I was taken in by his books at first until I started asked for independent scientific corroboration . . .

Tennis Tom likes this.