1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is this TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Riffdex, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Riffdex

Riffdex Peer Supporter

I’m experiencing chronic pain across my entire body. Mostly in my neck/jaw/shoulders, but it emanates all over the body. My neck is constantly stiff and tight, and in pain, if I move it I hear cracks and feel discomfort. My shoulders are tight and sore. My jaw is tight a lot and I grind my teeth. I have heartburn often and upset stomach. Pain/tightness in my pelvis and hip flexor areas. Sometimes when bending over my neck hurts and sometimes the pain goes to my lower back. I feel like I can’t breathe very deeply and I feel like I’m constantly ending up in a state of anxiety. I have a lot of fatigue throughout the day. I notice sometimes I’m doing physical activity and I have pain (like yesterday I spent most of the day moving heavy rocks in my yard) during the activity but then I go inside later and start to wind down and the pain was gone. It almost seems like if the pain was physical it couldn’t have just gone away after the activity.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Everything you described, including stiff muscles, fatigue and upset stomach can be, and often are, a TMS. Start reading Sarno's book, get onto Alan's recovery program and read every post under Success Stories - that is my standard recommendation for all the newcomers.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yep. What @TG957 says. It's super easy to check out Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program or the Structured Educational Program. They are free, and don't even require any kind of sign up. They do require a commitment to doing the work, with self-honesty and consistency.

TG957 likes this.