1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is Fibro a Real Disease

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Apr 12, 2014.

1. MatthewNJ

MatthewNJ Well known member

Fabi, Google this "gabapentin rebound". You may find your answer. I was on Ibuprofen (although a very different drug) for about 7 days and stopped it, and had a headache. I took one pill and the headache went away and I took one that night. No headaches since. I am pretty sure that was rebound. This sounds like rebound to me, and it could be TMS too. good luck

Fabi likes this.
  2. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Mathew muy Spanish google doesn't show any rebounds. Nvertheless l was there, l lived through it, l know with flesh and bone.

3. MatthewNJ

Fabi, has it resolved?

4. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

5. MatthewNJ

Fabi, No. I read this and I am not sure which post is yours. Are you still having what you believe to be withdrawal symptoms from the gabapentin?
    Matthew

6. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Oh! I am sorry, I think I am, yes, but I was on another drug for migranes (topiramate) before my hepatic levels went a little higher than normal, so my whole system is upset. Anyway, the whole drug process took a month and now I don´t have migranes, but I do have pain in my head, which the Dr said is a migrane. So, since my next appointment is on Wednesday, I don´t know.

7. MatthewNJ

Fabi, my daughter and ex wife have migranes. They are TMS for the most part and I highly recommend treating them that way. Both of them were over dosed on too many prescription meds . That said, and remember I am NOT a doctor , but this is the method they got from a great headache doctor and it works really well for them. And if you are in pain, I would not suffer while you work on the true cause. At the onset of any headache ( do not wait for a migraine) take 660 mg Naproxen (That is over the counter in the USA- sold as Alieve), and eat something salty and drink a Quart of water. Or drink something like Gatorade (something with a lot of salt and electrolytes) instead of the salty snack and water. in one hour you may repeat the dose once. This is much milder on your system then the prescription drugs. The salt and water help the fluid move out of the brain cells and back into the blood stream. Good luck, let ,me know how you do. Matthew

8. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Thank you Matthew!