1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tink, Mar 8, 2016.

1. tink

tink New Member

Hi, my name is Cyndi. I am 34 years old and I am hoping that I have TMS so that my pain can finally go away. I want to get pregnant for the first time as soon as I can. It has been about a year and a half since I began to have back/neck pain. I just thought that I slept on my neck wrong but it never went away. In fact, it got worse as time went on.

First, I had tingling in my right arm and hand. Then I had aching pain in my right shoulder blade. I saw a neurologist and numerous surgeons, all who said I should get surgery. An MRI revealed that I have a large herniated disk in my C5-6 that pinches the nerve and is on my spinal cord. Hearing this diagnois seemed to make my pain a lot worse. I scheduled the surgery for last August but a "gut" feeling told me to cancel it. Here I am a few months later, having read Dr. Sarno's book The Mindbody Prescription, feeling a little better.

I tried to make an appointment with a TMS doctor to find out if this is in fact what I have but I have not been able to locate a good doctor on Long Island. Luckily I came across this wiki. I will be using the structured educational program to asist me in my journey. Here is hoping that it works. Thank you to all of you who send positive messages and good outlooks! I cannot tell you how nice it is to find people like me. I have been going crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with my body. I really think the stress about my injury has made the TMS worse, especially because I hope to get pregnant soon.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, tink. I wouldn't take an MRI about a disc problem too seriously. Tests may show structural problems but they may not cause pain, and even if they do, Dr. Sarno says the pain more likely from our emotions. The SEProgram healed me of severe back pain by journaling to discover I had been repressing emotions since my parents divorced when I was seven. Journaling helped me to discover more about them and I forgave them and healed.

Surgery rarely helps for back problems. George Clooney has had three operations for his bad back and it never has healed. He had a rough childhood and that's probably why he has back ache. But he doesn't know about TMS and says he's going to have another back operation.

You are very fortunate to have come to this web site and begun the SEProgram. Keep at it and journaling to discover the emotions causing your pain.

And try not to stress about wanting to become a mother soon. Friends had a problem conceiving until they relaxed and then had twins! Think positive... that you are going to heal from back pain soon and will become pregnant. I'd help you with that, but I'm almost 86.

3. tink

tink New Member

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I am on Day 5 and really making progress! Did you read up on Alan Gordon through this wiki? I found a link that took me to his TMS educational program and it said to complete that before SEProgram. Let me know what you think.

You are right, I have heard many people say that their back surgery did not help. I have to keep that in mind!

Twins run in my family! I truly appreciate your humor. Laughing is the best medicine!