Hi all.
I am 30 years old. It all started with a vertigo at night. I suddenly wake up and the whole room was spinning. I was afraid and I prayed and hoped it will pass in the morning. Then I wake up with a pain in my neck and in my left ear. I went to doctor for my ear and nothing found. Also my brain MRI is normal too. When I went to physiotherapy with Neck MRI, they found Cervical Herniated Disc in ….. with minimum pinched nerves. And they said pinched nerves are the reason for my vertigo and my dizziness. I took Physical therapy and it didn’t help me much.
My main problem is stil the same. Not so much vertigo, but neck pain with dizziness. Also when I turn my head up, it’s spinning and it makes my head dizzy and confused (I couldn’t change broken bulb on the ceiling because of my dizziness). Sometimes when I woke up I have vertigo too (spinning). But generally I feel all day dizzy like a drunk and sometimes can’t choose right words to talk. It makes me so depressed. Actually I had no problem like that before and I feel herniated disc is the reason. But I read Dr. Sarno’s book and yes maybe he can be right but I can’t accept TMS because of some reasons though I have some TMS personality traits. The reasons are below. So am I right or still I have TMS? Can you evaluate them? Also I must say that I have moderate Scheuermann's disease (moderate kyphosis with scoliosis) and even I used brace for 2 years. I never had vertigo in those days but I know that I have moderate humpback because of my kyphosis. My back have pain some days since my childness but as I said before I never had vertigo and dizziness before my herniated disc problem. My quesitons are below (That’s why I couldn’t accept TMS, thought I want it too much.)
1- In a study (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pme.12583/full (Chronic Neck Pain and Episodic Vertigo and Tinnitus)) it says female presented with 24 years of history of chronic neck pain, herniated disc and pinched nerves with episodic vertigo and tinnitus irresponsive to extensive conservative therapies.
In the surgery, after C5/6 disc decompression using radiofrequency nucleoplasty and Coblation technology for partial disc removal. She was symptom free. From the study “The patient felt the symptoms of neck pain and vertigo almost completely disappeared after treatment.”
So how can it be, as if was TMS? What can you say about it?
2- I have numbness and tingle in my fingers and my Ulnar Tinel Test is positive (
) It presents that I have pinched nerves. In the surgeon they can take nerve and make them decompressed.( https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ulnar+nerve+decompress (ulnar nerve decompress - YouTube)
So it puts that “pinched nerves” are reality. Am I wrong?
3- When I sleep with bad position my vertigo is much (also, my wife says that in the morning "you've slept too bad, your neck, your back etc. Is it still TMS. What must I do?
I'm waiting for your reply, my friends. Thanks and good luck to all.
I am 30 years old. It all started with a vertigo at night. I suddenly wake up and the whole room was spinning. I was afraid and I prayed and hoped it will pass in the morning. Then I wake up with a pain in my neck and in my left ear. I went to doctor for my ear and nothing found. Also my brain MRI is normal too. When I went to physiotherapy with Neck MRI, they found Cervical Herniated Disc in ….. with minimum pinched nerves. And they said pinched nerves are the reason for my vertigo and my dizziness. I took Physical therapy and it didn’t help me much.
My main problem is stil the same. Not so much vertigo, but neck pain with dizziness. Also when I turn my head up, it’s spinning and it makes my head dizzy and confused (I couldn’t change broken bulb on the ceiling because of my dizziness). Sometimes when I woke up I have vertigo too (spinning). But generally I feel all day dizzy like a drunk and sometimes can’t choose right words to talk. It makes me so depressed. Actually I had no problem like that before and I feel herniated disc is the reason. But I read Dr. Sarno’s book and yes maybe he can be right but I can’t accept TMS because of some reasons though I have some TMS personality traits. The reasons are below. So am I right or still I have TMS? Can you evaluate them? Also I must say that I have moderate Scheuermann's disease (moderate kyphosis with scoliosis) and even I used brace for 2 years. I never had vertigo in those days but I know that I have moderate humpback because of my kyphosis. My back have pain some days since my childness but as I said before I never had vertigo and dizziness before my herniated disc problem. My quesitons are below (That’s why I couldn’t accept TMS, thought I want it too much.)
1- In a study (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pme.12583/full (Chronic Neck Pain and Episodic Vertigo and Tinnitus)) it says female presented with 24 years of history of chronic neck pain, herniated disc and pinched nerves with episodic vertigo and tinnitus irresponsive to extensive conservative therapies.
In the surgery, after C5/6 disc decompression using radiofrequency nucleoplasty and Coblation technology for partial disc removal. She was symptom free. From the study “The patient felt the symptoms of neck pain and vertigo almost completely disappeared after treatment.”
So how can it be, as if was TMS? What can you say about it?
2- I have numbness and tingle in my fingers and my Ulnar Tinel Test is positive (
So it puts that “pinched nerves” are reality. Am I wrong?
3- When I sleep with bad position my vertigo is much (also, my wife says that in the morning "you've slept too bad, your neck, your back etc. Is it still TMS. What must I do?
I'm waiting for your reply, my friends. Thanks and good luck to all.
Last edited: