1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone overcome cat allergies?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AnitaV, Sep 18, 2014.

1. AnitaV

AnitaV Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for sharing this!! I'm so happy to hear your story!

I had issues with insomnia in the past as well. What helped tremendously with that is a book called In Touch And In Tune, by Vladimir Levi (http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Tune-Vl...&qid=1412561279&sr=8-1&keywords=vladimir+levi, available for free online at http://en.levi.ru/michelle.php). Levi is a famous Russian psychologist, whose work is read extensively in Russia. I've been meaning to reread this book since my TMS recovery, and see if it ties together with Dr. Sarno's work in any way.

2. AnitaV

AnitaV Peer Supporter

3. AnitaV

AnitaV Peer Supporter

Thank you for the advice, Walt! I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks in November, and when I return, I think I will go ahead and get a cat. I live in a pretty quiet area, and I think I could give it a good life, letting it go outside during the day. I will let you know how it goes! Wondrous's story has given me great confidence!

4. AnitaV

AnitaV Peer Supporter

Hi everyone, I'd like to let you know that I did end up getting a sweet little kitten in January. Here is my little guy Rodney, with my daughter:

[​IMG]

He had been found in a dumpster just a few hours before we came to visit the shelter, and as soon as I picked him up, he started purring. He is such a sweet and frisky addition to our family.

I had some allergy symptoms here and there at first, but I almost never have them now. Cat allergies are indeed a TMS equivalent!

~Anita

Tennis Tom likes this.
  5. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

I am so glad to hear how well you and your kitty are doing! He sure is handsome. I hadn't thought about it, but when I was 10 we got a cat and I was allergic to her. I became aware of issues with parents around 10-12. Before that I just thougbt we were normal. Since I moved out at 19 I have had cats for 30 years and never a problem. I guess it was TMS!

6. Walt Oleksy

Walt Oleksy Beloved Grand Eagle

I get 8 hours or more of what I call my sleep time. I will wake up once or twice during the night for a "pit stop,"
    and may not be able to fall back to sleep right away. A those times, I practice deep breathing and may count
    backwards from 100 to l. I also try not think of worries and tell myself I will think about them in the morning.
    I also do not stay in bed once I wake up at my regular time because I would just think and worry.
    I tell myself it is going to be a good day, maybe even the best day ever.

I think we benefit from even the time we lay awake. I use it as a time of meditation.

TheUndyingMind likes this.
  7. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Gosh, I am so glad to find this discussion tonight. My allergies have returned and now I can see them as the symptom imperative. Getting ready for vacation and stressing a bit and even though I just finished the three week intensive with
    Alan on here, I have found my eyes watering, nose running like mad... after spending time with my dogs and feather pillows.
    I am not taking this lying down! No need for extra distractors! I am healthy, I am strong and I am always nervous before I travel.
    I am watching my nose stop running as I write this, and the nagging noise in my right lower back is loosening. I swam for six days in a row and my back wants to tell me I am hurt when I AM NOT HURT I just have a very dramatic, somatic ego. And I used a few muscles that were having a brief vacation till now.
    Breathe deep! Smile on the exhale, and let go. Symptoms gone! Fast.
    Great to see all the animal people where. I don't know what we'd do without two dogs!

Bg

Tennis Tom likes this.