1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Grad school research in TMS?

Discussion in 'Research' started by jorgem12, Dec 4, 2019.

1. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

I've been dealing with TMS and working on the Structured Educational Program for the past few days. I'm a post-baccalaureaute researcher in cognitive neuroscience research right now. I'm going to apply to grad school next year and am debating between grad programs. I'm trying to see if there is research going on focusing on the subconscious mind and pain because I think studying TMS would be fascinating and helpful if not I'll probably go into computational linguistics haha.

Thanks,

Jorge

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jorge,

I know Dr. Schubiner and Alan Gordon have been working with a neuroscientist in Boulder, CO over the last couple of years in probably the best study to date using variations of Dr. Sarno's approach.

You might google for this. See the note Dr. Schubiner sent out a while back copied below:

Hi friends,

Something very exciting is happening!
    You may remember that we were working on a very large chronic pain study in Boulder, Colorado this past year. Well, a group of filmmakers were following the study and decided to turn into a full length documentary.
    [​IMG]
    From there, this project has grown into something none of us could have imagined! Freida Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire, Planet of the Apes) got involved and is now executive producing the film. Before long, they were having meetings with CNN and other companies talking about the possibility of distributing the documentary!
    We truly believe that this is something that can reach millions of people, they just need a little more help in getting the rest of the way there. They started a crowdfunding campaign and have until the end of the month to raise $50,000. The campaign was just activated and they're already 15% of the way there, so we're off to a good start! They put together an incredible demo reel, you can click the link below to watch:

www.painbrainfilm.com

Dorado likes this.
  3. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

Thank you! Will read into it more.

4. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

This is quite amazing and so very exciting; thank you for sharing!