1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

From TMS sceptic to RSI recovery!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Alcatorda, May 28, 2020.

1. Alcatorda

Alcatorda New Member

For well over a year, I struggled with RSI pain in both my arms. I couldn't use my computer or my phone for longer than 2 hours a day without the pain getting worse. At one point, even simple things like stirring food or applying mascara made my arms burn. The pain was all I could think about for a long time, and I tried everything in my power to get rid of it. But the dozens of physical treatments didn’t save me. A TMS diagnosis did.

Today, I'm back on social media, I've picked up my hobby of taking and editing photos again, and I'm finally able to live a normal life. It's all thanks to John Sarno, Alan Gordon, and this wiki's Structured Educational Program. It took me months and a lot of mental work, but I'm so happy I decided to give it a go. I wrote about my journey here: https://medium.com/@Anne_K/the-power-of-psychology-my-chronic-pain-recovery-story-74574449b5ce (The Power of Psychology: My Chronic Pain Recovery Story)

I've written my story in a way that I hope can reach people who aren't that familiar with TMS yet. I know people tend to be sceptical of the idea of a 'mindbody disorder'; just a few months ago I was too. I know some friends of mine are struggling with rsi, and I hope sharing my experience with them can give them some faith that they can get better. If you think it's a useful story, feel free to share it yourself, too.

Thank you, TMS Wiki, for all you've done for me.

JanAtheCPA, Baseball65 and Lizzy like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Alcartorda,

I read your story, and find it a very clear, concise resource for anyone interested in applying TMS work. Thank you for that. I really have not read a more clear summary.

I am very happy for you to have this success. I know it took hard work, and I bet you're stronger for it!

I also recognize that there is some lingering symptom. I think you're approach is perfect at this point. Don't worry about it, focus on the success and progress. It will fall away on its own, in my experience. Very wise stance you're taking to declare success, because it is true.

I posted something you might like, regarding about where you are now. Thanks again for coming back here and posting. The success stories are important for so many.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/ease-trust-success-and-positive-loops.19807/ (Ease, trust, success, and positive loops)

Andy

Alcatorda likes this.
  3. Alcatorda

Alcatorda New Member

Thank you, @Andy Bayliss for taking the time to read my story. It's great to hear that you think it's a useful write-up. Feel free to share it with others if you feel it may benefit them.

I appreciate your words of encouragement. You're right that I'm not 100% there yet, but even being able to type that post was a massive victory for me. So I'm entirely confident in my diagnosis, I'll keep putting in the work, and I have faith that the pain will eventually disappear entirely. Even if it doesn't, the pain level I'm at right now is totally manageable and I feel pretty outcome independent whenever it rears its head ;)

Thanks for linking your post, it's a wonderful description of what it feels like to be on the mend.

— Anne

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

That's just a really excellent article, Anne! (@Alcatorda) Well-written, easy to read, and it gets the major points across so well - and of course, thank you for the forum and wiki recommendations - we love that! :D

And of course, lest I forget - many congratulations on your success!!! dancea

~Jan
    (bookmarking this thread now!)

Alcatorda likes this.
  5. Alcatorda

Alcatorda New Member

@JanAtheCPA Thank you for reading and for the kind words! Of course I'd want to point anyone who's struggling with TMS in the direction of this forum. The treatment programs and success stories have been so helpful to me.

Hope you are well!
    — Anne

JanAtheCPA likes this.