1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Focusing question

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by David B, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Louise that is some great info David B gave you above for sure. I would say that focusing is to notice the pain or anxiety is there but not to react negative to it. Don't judge it or criticize or hate it. Just acknowledge its there and just be. This way you will be able to face the emotions you have with your symptoms and the more you face your emotions the sooner you will be able to process and release them. The thing with focusing as done by Eugene Gendlin would be when you feel the emtion it will soon start to go away so you can get better.

The SEP is a free program of 42 days that we offer here at TMS wiki so you can learn and get back control of your life and loose the pain. I'm glad to hear you got rid of the migraines. That's awesome, I have been a part of many on the spot healings. With the TMS protocol you will heal with the power that God gave you to heal with. Your own natural healing abilities. You still would do great to know that your Creator is in control and watching over you, smiling, knowing that you are standing up for your choice to be free from anxity and pain.
    Bless you

2. justforme

justforme New Member

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. justforme

justforme New Member

Thank you for your message.
    also please thank
    DAvid for his reply.
    you people are very nice.

I havent been feeling well enough to respond, still not feeling well,
    I do understand what you are saying. I feel sorry for young people that are in pain.
    It is tempting, not to get angry when pain stops them from enjoying sports and just having fun.
    I am up in years and am more able not to fall into anger.
    pain is trying to tell us something is wrong, physically and spiritually.
    You training is covering both.
    I have been on a very similiar path, it also is based on understanding ourselves for over 35 years..
    thank you again.
    (Still not perfect)
    LOuise

forgive typos please

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Louise, you sound like you got a good grip on this. Hope you get around to feeling like doing the SEP. That way we can go back and forth speaking in this language of life. The SEP is a way of getting in touch with the issues that might be un-noticed by you for now. Make sure to get your pen and paper when you get to day 2 or 3 cause then you'll be able write all that's in your thoughts out on paper as to un-clutter your mind in a sense.
    Bless You

5. justforme

justforme New Member

hi
    IWish I could agree with your studies, but from what I see is alot of peolple pleasing and very little truth.
    I am on a different path. IFwe watched our thoughts honestly, there would be no cluttering of thoughts.

Here are people just seeking to get rid of pain, not for GOd who has the real solutions.
    your solution for overcoming resentment and anger is no solution.
    the pain is trying to tell people something about their underlying pain, your studies are an escape from the pain rather than see the dark spirit in our natures that is the cause.

Please go to fhu.com there you will find the truth, not people pleasing that is deceptive.

I wish you the best.
    louise

I wish you people well.
    louise

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Wow, if you think this is just people pleasing and the spirit of our heart or God isn't in this then I agree to disagree. I wrote a book called God does not want you to be in pain and I know the power God gave us to heal. It's still anger and fear and under all of that is love either way we try to slice it for God is love and he knows all things right. Remember Job? But I'm not here to deliver a sermon, each person here has ther own belief and we respect that here, my book isnt religous, it just tells of my experience. We all have our different expereinces and theres the common thread of misplaced compassion but that doesn't mean I can say I know the one true way -- all I can do is let you decide, bless you

7. justforme

justforme New Member

God allows pain for His purpose, you are attracting people who have one interest, to get rid of their pain.
    Truth honestly spoken to those who are just looking for peace apart from GOd is lacking.
    This comes across clearly.
    you have an obligation to help people to understand this.
    Louise

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I like thinking that the stomach is a second brain that plays a role in our emotions, when we have
    "that old gut feeling." Our emotions can cause our stomachs to be in an upset state. They may
    well be a barometer of how upset we are emotionally. I notice tv commercials for about
    as many upset stomach medications as there are for headaches.