1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Flare ups & oversensitivity

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Cjica, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Cjica

Cjica New Member

Hi,
    I've been exercising and everytime i get more pain with it, it is also possible to get rid of the pain...but my question is if it is also possible to heal from having flare ups n oversensitivity?
    Thanks.

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Cjica,

I think having TMS flare ups from time to time is natural and just part of the human experience. They will become less frequent, less severe and not last as long as you heal, this has been my experience and many others' on here too. I think many of us have a sensitive temperament (part of the typical TMS personality type) but you can learn to ignore the noise over time. No one is immune to TMS forever...though many of us consider ourselves healed.

readytoheal likes this.
  3. Cjica

Cjica New Member

@MindBodyPT i have fibromyalgia, arm and finger pain and stiffness which is waking me up in the middle of the night. So scared if i got nerve damage :(

4. MindBodyPT

TMS will not give you nerve damage, that is the good news! It can be terribly painful but I promise no physical damage has been done. What methods are you using to work on your TMS healing at this point?

5. Cjica

Cjica New Member

Hi,
    Now i'm treating every symptom as TMS after getting checked by each department of hospital...My doctors assure me that what I'm having is fibromyalgia and i'm using antidepressants till I get used to this situation. I'm watching TED videos about how our mind has healing effect on our body and they give me hope. So I'm trying to focus on my actual works and not to get distracted by pain. I'm doing yoga and listening to calming music every time my symptoms get worse, calming my mind everything is alright... I have insomnia so thats the biggest problem now and my interrupted sleep...

6. MindBodyPT

Yes fibromyalgia is TMS. What you're doing so far is good! Have you read TMS books or tried the Structured Educational Program or Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program on this site, or other programs? Yoga and calming techniques are great, but I think that really diving into TMS theory and treatment will help your healing. Insomnia is tough, it's definitely a symptom of anxiety and everything that goes along with TMS, so that's understandable.

7. Cjica

Cjica New Member

I will buy De Sarno's books today...Yea, i checked the programs you mentioned and Im still reading. For 3 days i have been dealing with a pain starting from the top of my head to the back of neck...feel like there is tumor or sth but then i remember that pain wouldnt move all around my body if it was! I think only thing to do is not disconnect mind-body because brain is so powerful on making you believe something nonexistent but also on healing the incurable!