1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Enjoying this..

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by prisd, Feb 9, 2016.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

I'm really enjoying Alan Gordon's recovery program so far. I read a few subsections per night, and it's great to have some concrete mental images to put into action. I'm so excited to "Prioritize myself". It's so easy to worry about getting everything done and on time and not focus on our own enjoyment of things. I also really like the idea of physically feeling your emotions. When I feel some anxiety, I now try not to just notice I'm having anxiety, but actually feel the physical sensations in my body.

I was also really inspired by the first section, "Outcome Independence" since it's been my tendency to monitor my pain all the time and get anxiety about when it will come back when it does go away for a bit.

After this, I will do the structured program.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Glad things are going well for you. Welcome!!
    Both Alan Gordon's program and the SEP are fantastic resources. It's amazing what we can discover when we delve!
    Blessings on your journey.