1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Does this sound like tms? ( wrist rsi/tendinitis/pain /tingling)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lilybluerose, Sep 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

Hi everyone! I've read alot on here and the mind body prescription. It truly makes sense to me and I believe this is tms but I still would love your thoughts because my anxious mind is telling me something is wrong and I'm hurting myself more.

I asked my Dr. For an mri to rule stuff out. Waiting for his reply. He diagnosed possible. Carpal tunnel or rsi or tendonitis over a year ago.

Basically over a year ago I can't remmeber exactly when, I started having right wrist and hand pain. It may even be two years ago. Especially when using the pc or gaming.

I bought an ergonomic mouse and foot test and stopped gaming and only did work on pc as needed. Eventually the pain lessoned and I was back to being fine working on the pc.for house using a regular keyboard and vertical ergonomic mouse.

For 9 months recently I was pregnant and I don't think I thought about my wrist once. I worked some very rarely played games. I wasn't in pain. Maybe a twinge here and there but nothing serious.

Now recently I wanted to try using a gaming mmo mouse. Within literally a few minutes my wrist and forearm hurt and my hand is tingling and in pain. I was nervous to start gaming cause of this.

Now I've been saying screw it I'm going to keep doing it. So I game about an hour or two a day and did ddp yoga which put pressure on my wrist and was a trigger before when I had this too. So now I'm in pain with what feels like nerve tingling even when off of the pc.

I mean logical mind is duh it's Tms! I was. Fine for months! But then I'm like what if something is really wrong?

What tests would rule everything out? An mri for sure
    Maybe a nerve test?

Several years before this I was diagnosed with shoulder tendinitis and had issue in this same arm I believe with tingling and nerve issues and I remmeber having the nerve test done and it was fine.

Now in also having neck pain and tension headaches which I thought had to do with being post partum a month and sleeping only on left side (left side of neck hurts) without the pregnant belly.

I also have hashimotos autoiumme and that makes me wonder if it's contributing etc etc. Lots of fears and doubts.

I also did a law of attraction type exercise of writing five sentences 55 times for five days. My wrist hand and arm were fine!

What do you think? Whaf should I do? Ty so much!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

You have so much evidence of TMS that you can see for yourself. Your "anxious brain" will often create pain doing something you love. This results in effective distraction and preoccupation. The fact your pain has waxed and waned, particularly in accordance with your anxiety and/or indifference is another clue.

You also have multiple tension induced pains in other areas, another TMS tip off. You have 'lots of fear and doubts' , anxiety and you have just had a major life change, a new baby. You used your wrist and arm to do all that writing with no symptoms!

You can have the MRI if you think that will help drive home your confidence in the TMS diagnosis but that's what I think it is.

3. Lilybluerose

Ty for the reply! I just hope I can find a way to truly believe and heal from this! Going to read more Sarno books!

birdsetfree likes this.
  4. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Be determined! You have the evidence. Remember you are already healed. Now you can practice finding balance and inner peace as you go forth on your journey inward.

Good luck!

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Actually, you should listen to today's podcast episode of The Cure For Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs LCSW - episode 45 with Dan Buglio. Dan said VERY clearly that one of the biggest mistakes people make is in thinking that they just need to read more books and they will eventually "get it", without ever committing to doing the essential emotional work.

You gotta do the work.

Listen to Nicole's podcast, then listen to episode #85 (Aug 28) of The Mind And Fitness Podcast, and then start doing the Structured Educational Program, free on our main tmswiki.org.

6. Lilybluerose

Ty! I will do that!