1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Do I have anxiety?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by mugwump, Jan 21, 2021.

1. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

I'm always a shy type of person and when there's a crowd in front of me, I really feel nervous and my hands are trembling so much that I can't stop it. The more I'm exposed to the crowd the more I'm shaking and sometimes I collapse in front. In your personal thoughts or experience about this. Do I have anxiety? Do you think it could be anxiety symptoms? If It is then what should I do about it?

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi mugwump, I do think you have anxiety. I think tms tools from the structured educational program and Alan Gordon's program can help, but I suggest reading or listening to Clair Weekes to specifically explain how to approach anxiety. She writes about face float and let time pass which I think is like somatic tracking that Alan Gordon teaches.

This is only my opinion, I am not an expert, but I think your brain has a "habit" that you are in danger when you are groups. You can slowly teach it you're safe.
    Something that has helped me is to remember that if I practice these techniques and it takes awhile, time will pass either way. I am doing a good thing for myself even if it doesn't happen quickly. I also heard someone say when asked when will it start to happen, as soon as you begin the journey, you are changing.

Lizzy