1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Do I have anxiety?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by mugwump, Jan 21, 2021.

1. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

I'm always a shy type of person and when there's a crowd in front of me, I really feel nervous and my hands are trembling so much that I can't stop it. The more I'm exposed to the crowd the more I'm shaking and sometimes I collapse in front. In your personal thoughts or experience about this. Do I have anxiety? Do you think it could be anxiety symptoms? If It is then what should I do about it?

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi mugwump, I do think you have anxiety. I think tms tools from the structured educational program and Alan Gordon's program can help, but I suggest reading or listening to Clair Weekes to specifically explain how to approach anxiety. She writes about face float and let time pass which I think is like somatic tracking that Alan Gordon teaches.

This is only my opinion, I am not an expert, but I think your brain has a "habit" that you are in danger when you are groups. You can slowly teach it you're safe.
    Something that has helped me is to remember that if I practice these techniques and it takes awhile, time will pass either way. I am doing a good thing for myself even if it doesn't happen quickly. I also heard someone say when asked when will it start to happen, as soon as you begin the journey, you are changing.

Lizzy