1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

dizzy, chronic red itchy eyes, acne

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by gx92, Mar 13, 2022.

1. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

Hi everyone i really need some support,
    i suffer from severe red itchy eyes since 2 years, doctors say its allergies, i need to take so much steroids in order to stop it. no other medicaton is helping. I learned about Tms and i see myself on every page. I struggle with perfectionism and low selth esteem, body dysmorphia , so i am always concered about how i look and only happy when i am looking good that day. If i see myself ugly in the mirror my whole day is destroyed. I know it sounds crazy but i cant control it. Right now i also get soooo dizzy since 8 month nonstop if i am working on the pc concentrated or in random situations. Those 2 thinks are controlling my life right now and i know i need to stop focus on it but i just cant stop it. I feel ugly depressed sad and dont want to leave my house because of this. Im so pissed its insane. It all began after i startet with my new studies, i need to do it and cant stop :( but i get so dizzy when i need to work concentrated there. I just cant live my life happy so that TMS stops, because its so hard to not focus on those eyes and expecially dizzyness
    Any support? i feel helpless

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

You are not helpless, you are not ugly - you are human!!
    I think you would benefit from doing the Structured Educational Program on the TMSwiki site (on left) or other programs similar.
    If you put that first - it is only 15-20 minutes a day - it will get you on your way....
    Take all the stuff you 'have' to do - break it down into manageable chunks and deal with it. Maybe do the TMS work, then some PC work (whatever you have to do -- study/work etc) then schedule some time outdoors - get out for fresh air - go somewhere with nature or at least trees - sit a whie - maybe take your lunch, treat it as a mini holiday in the day. Breath deep - and see how beautiful the world is.... then you will feel refreshed for some more work - but time it so you don't over stress your self. Factor some time later to meditate and /or do some journalling - see what comes up - what is stressing you, what triggers you? Then find ways to deal with it. I have lists of useful TMS stuff from the program on my walls - so i remember every day - Things to avoid, things to deal with straight away, to forgive, to forget, - my best one is 'for every hour on the PC - spend 2 hours in nature' It works!!
    You just need to create a framework in which you can deal with your TMS (dont fuss about the symptoms - just do the TMS program) work out what your triggers are so you can be alert for them, and find out what makes you happy - how much work/play/nature/nurture - it seems hard to start with but it will work and it will get better.
    I will also let you into a well kept secret - everyone feels shit about themselves! I wish I had learned what i know now in my teens - i hated myself, thought i was fat and ugly, did not give myself any credit. But now i am 56 - weigh twice as much, getting wrinkly and can't get out of a chair without 'humphing' - and I love myself - truly madly deeply! I am a lovely person and I deserve every happiness! And the silly thing is - I was the same person then (just slimmer!) but I just did not know it!! So grab the chance to be your better and actual self -we are all unique - and unique is precious....

3. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

Thank you for your Kind words, i really appriciate it. I want to go out in nature but this dizziness is so strange, i feel so much tension in my eyes its crazy. I cant work on computers anymore or going somwhere else because this tension is so nasty that it makes me dizzy, i feel like it is comming from my eyes if that makes sense. Sometimes its better and sometimes it hits hard. It feels like my eyes try to fight against something, i did many health tests . Does this maybe fit in TMS ? Like you already know im fit in personaly:). I really shouldnt fuss about this symptom but its hard. Also im always googling if maybe i need some glasses or something else. I know this keeps symptoms alife:(

4. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Maybe less googling - if you really worry you might need glasses or something - then go and have an eye test - tell them how much the symptoms are bugging you - but if you do not need glasses and they cannot see anything physically wrong - then you know it is tms....! Also remember that when we have some symptom that is really annoying and hard to ignore - it will be on your mind all the time - it is really hard to annoy - itchy eyes - or a headache - or toothache.... but if you work on dealing with it as tms - by putting work in manageable chunks, taking time out between, looking for stress triggers - work/pressure/family - whatever it is for you - you start to deal with it and it will get gradually better.... but you have to do the legwork - and a lot of that legwork is - to be kind to yourself!!!!!

5. Amina.84

Amina.84 Peer Supporter

Hi. Can I ask you how are your eyes now please? Hope to have an answer it will be really appreciate. Thank you

6. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

Hi, the itchiness and redness is a bit better, i have maibomian gland dysfunction, very dry eye so i need to massage the glands. And i maybe have a hidden squint (dizziness/eye tension) i am still getting checked out at the eye university for that. But what i did notice, if i am in a tight tense mental state, my eyes get much worse

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023