1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Differences in approach between Sarno and Clarke (?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gigalos, May 20, 2015.

1. Markus

Markus Guest

Yes, he tells about many success stories, I think he is an excellent Dr. I love his youtube video as well.

blake likes this.
  2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you all very much for your input. For the time being I think I can only conclude that Clarke and Sarno might have some different views, but in the end both agree on the importance of the mind when it comes to certain physical symptoms. Work on the mind and feel better, both mentally and physically...

3. BrianCh

BrianCh Newcomer

[This post has been edited so that it stays on the topic of the thread, which is comparison of Clarke's and Sarno's views.]

My complaint is that Clarke does NOT understand that much of what Sarno advocates, and therefore, should NOT be criticizing him publicly until he has read up sufficiently on Sarno. I've read all four of Sarno's books, and I immediately saw from your post that Clarke was making some educated guesses about what Sarno believes, statements that were inconsistent with what Sarno has actually WRITTEN. I stand by the criticisms I wrote earlier.

[I don't have] any problem whatsoever with you or others using Clarke's protocol. I absolutely LOVE the idea of more doctors criticizing the conventional health care system for largely ignoring emotional issues. My complaint was that Clarke is criticizing a man whose work he doesn't even know that well, and that is WRONG.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

This thread has gone downhill, so henceforth I'm going to institute a policy for this thread where all "interpersonal" content will be deleted. Interpersonal content is defined as content about another person who has posted in the thread. It includes but is not limited to content about other member's behavior and character.

No drama here please. Even if you discipline yourself and show restraint. Eventually it all goes downhill and drama is not what this forum is about.

The topic of this thread is "differences in approach between Sarno and Clarke." Thank you for keeping it on topic.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015