1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5... pain persists

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Aaron, May 3, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron New Member

I saw a bit of relief in the first few days but no major breakthroughs. Now I'm on day 5 and the pain is persistant as hell. I know it's been less than a week but it's a bit discouraging. I keep talking to myself and trying to convince my mind that it's self induced. Reading & listening to Dr. Sarno's work. Journaling. I'm like 90% convinced my pelvic pain is caused by TMS but it feels like their's a little devil somewhere inside my head whispering a bunch of "what if's." I'm guessing it's just going to take time and work but was wondering how you guys got around the doubt that leaks into your conscious? Has anyone ever tried hypnotherapy? Was curious if that could help the progress of Dr. Sarno's therapy.

2. cindy

cindy New Member

I think it takes a while to assimilate the ideas if you are initially skeptical. I'm only now getting to a point where all my doubs are erased and I've been at the educational program for over two weeks. My pain has probably gone down 40-50 percent at this point. It's exciting to read about people experiencing instant results but some of us need longer. I'd rather spend several months getting better than not get better at all...but I'm encouraged by the progress so far. Slow and steady wins the race.

gailnyc likes this.
  3. Stella

Stella Well known member

Keep focusing on the psychological not the pain. Be patient with yourself. Everybody heals at a different pace. some take much longer. Keep working on convincing yourself...this is the key.

You can do this. I know you can.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Even after I fully accepted that TMS was causing my tension headaches and migraines, it took 2 weeks of dedicated effort to get rid of the headaches. I kept at it because I've had great success in eliminating back and foot pain. I found Fred Amir's book helpful.
    Keep the faith! It DOES work. Sometimes different techniques are needed for different types of pain. The subconscious is sneaky!!

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

It takes as long as it takes! Be patient and loving with yourself. This program does work.