1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Day 15

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aa3405, Nov 18, 2013.

1. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

I have definitely noticed that my symptoms are moving around. I still firmly believe it is all TMS related. It's making me a little depressed. I feel like I make some progress, but a new symptom comes up and then I feel that I am back where I started. I will admit that the new symptoms aren't as painful or bothersome as the last ones that were present. My plantar's fascitiis acted up most recently when I was reading the Day 13 page from the structured program, otherwise, I have been running twice a week without any flare ups. My GI symptoms that I had connected to eating onions and other foods still flares up randomly. I have been eating onions almost at every meal since it is in a lot of food (even as onion powder); I notice that it acts up throughout the day, but not necessarily related to when I eat. My new symptoms include allergies---with sneezing, stuffy nose and itchy eyes that I have not had for over 10 years, but just recently recurred; another symptom is a left eye twitch that has been going on two weeks now and acts up randomly and lastly is an itchy rash on my left ring finger. I will keep meditating and writing in my journal. I am sad today, because I would like to be done with all of this soon. Thanks for all of your support on the site.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It does sound like your TMS is moving around. I wouldn't let that depress me. I'd see it as a sign that your unconscious mind knows your symptoms are from repressed emotions and doesn't want to give up on you just now. Dr. Sarno and Steve Ozanich say we shouldn't be impatient to be totally pain-free because that just keeps the symptoms coming. You're doing great, so try to take your mind off all your symptoms and look for ways to enjoy your life. Keep going on the SEP program.