1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Click#7, Jul 13, 2017.

?

Day 10...comments appreciated

1. Please read and offer suggestions ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Why do I have most of my pain during the day...not so much at night ?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Today I wrote my unsent letter. Didn't take long. I wrote a letter to a sister that broke up our family over her greed. In the morning I went for a long ride in the car to a small town to do some antique shopping. I sat for an hour there and an hour back. I did need to a pain pill, but the good news is I wasn't able to sit that long in a very long time even with pain meds and I did it. Most of my pain is still in my hips, lower back and feet. I managed and had some fun. I continue to read John Sarno's books, SteveO's and continue with the structured program by Alan. I also read success stories and watch videos, meditate at night and use controlled breathing when I feel stressed. I am having pain, but at least my activities have increased and I am working on ignoring it and the fear of pain. Comments apreciated.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Be sue to read Alan Gordon's posts on fear, in the General Discussion Forum. He offers some excellent advice on coping with fear in TMS healing.

Dahlia likes this.
  3. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Thumbs up ..

4. maggiehl

maggiehl New Member

I am on Day 10, too, and have a lot of pain today--in my arms, legs and the bottoms of my feet, also nausea. In general, I think I'm doing better--doing more, not focusing on the pain so much, especially when I have other things I'm doing or people I'm seeing. Today has neither which may be why more pain. I find it harder to distract my self when I don' have something scheduled. I am going to watch a movie this afternoon. Does anyone have suggestions about this?
    Yesterday, I did more than usual. My husband and I went out for brunch and then drove an hour to a flea market and spent time walking around (in 90's heat) there, found a couple of things; then to a small town nearby and walked around some more, then back towards home and stopped for a nice dinner. My feet were very painful, but stopping for iced tea to sit down helped. This is the most I've done in a day--without any lying down at all. I feel good about this and am planning to keep trying to do be more active than I have been in the last year or so.
    Days like today I feel discouraged. I have had this pain for a couple of years, and have had other times in my life when pain and fatigue has gotten in the way of living my life. However, I am committed to continuing on this path. Not focusing on or talking about my pain does overall make me feel better and better about my relationships with others.
    Thanks for any advice or good words anyone may have.