1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by arghmakeitstop, Nov 12, 2018.

1. arghmakeitstop

arghmakeitstop New Member

I’m on day 1 of the structured educational programme and it says for me to post here.
    I have had chronic daily headaches for over a year, but i’ve just completed Alan Gordon’s 21 day programme. My head is pretty much fine, but I am feeling nauseous. It’s like the pain/fuzziness has moved from my head to my tummy. I believe if I follow the programme I will get right, but oddly I miss having my head to moan about! I must be a right old whinger to need something to moan about eh?!

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Might I suggest that you change your username as soon as possible? If you stick around, which I certainly hope that you do, I guarantee that you will regret having a negative username!

This is a very limited-time offer. If you post too many times with this name, and if people start quoting your current name in replies, changing a username becomes very confusing to other users.

Please think about the following, then PM me (start a Private Conversation by clicking on my profile picture).

- Avoid choosing a name that is a reference to your symptoms. Remember, your goal is to overcome your symptoms and change your life. Your symptoms want to distract you, and the more attention you give them, the more powerful you make them.

- Pick something that is short and/or easy for people to reference you by. Mine is JanAtheCPA which is lengthy, but it's quite obvious that someone who wants to use my name in a reply, can simply type "Jan".

I'm looking at the acronym of your name, and a word that pops into my head is Armistice (perhaps because of the 100th anniversary of the WWI truce) which of course means brokering a peace agreement. Rather than thinking in terms of the war inside your brain and body, how about thinking instead of creating a peace agreement with your negative and fearful primitive brain?

Or maybe you can pick something that has absolutely no meaning at all in relation to your condition. Just a name or a word that brings you pleasure :happy:

~Jan

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Like most, if not all, online forums with public profiles, you can't change a username yourself, and there are lots of reasons for that. Only an administrator can do it, and I'm an admin. I suspect that we have a number of folks who technically have more than one user account because they decided they didn't like the name or the posts they created in an earlier account, and the only other choice is to start over.

Suit yourself, but the opinion of experienced members is that a negative username ends up being distracting. As I said, this is a very limited time offer.

On the other hand, I'm more than happy to let you figure out how to create an avatar (that's the picture) on your own. I became the techno-geek that I am today by dinking around and figuring things out by myself. If you do that often enough, you start to recognize the similarities in most programs and apps!