1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nelle, Aug 8, 2016.

1. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

AS my problem is not a back pain problem , i am still not 100% convinced im doing the right thing . I have extremely irritating head sensations and pressure in my head and have done for about a year and a half consistently .It is very bad at the moment and i think fear and feeling trapped makes it worse .

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Nelle. I'm sorry you're having headaches. Have you had an eye examination recently? Eye problems or just eye strain, like from being on a computer a lot, can cause head problems such as pressure.

Headaches also are some of the symptoms of TMS, often caused by anxiety or worry. I'm no stranger to those two emotional stresses. The problems causing them that I can't do anything about, I just live with them and ask God to take them off of my shoulders.

Fear and feeling trapped in headaches or other symptoms does just keep them coming.

If you have read Dr. Sarno and know about TMS, but haven't yet done the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site, I urge you to begin. It helps us to discover the emotional reasons causing our pain.

Meanwhile, you can find relief from headaches by deep breathing. Inhale through the nose to the count of 4, hold for 7, and exhale slowly through the mouth to 8. It is profoundly calming. I also relax by having a cup of hot milk.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi again, Nelle. OOps. I see you are already in the SEProgram with day 1. You need to boost your confidence that TMS and the SEP will work for you.

4. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Hello Walt ,
    Thanks for your reply . I dont think i have any eye problems as i have very good eyesight . I also do not spend that much time on computers . My head pressure started when i came of amatriptaylin wich i was tacking for coxics pain , it didnt help so i stopped tacking it .THe head sensations started as did the pressure .I believe ive had a nervous breakdown so i have experienced a great deal of stress.I have had the head problems before years ago , after coming of a drug . I also had a breakdown then . This time the head sensations have not gone away . I am going to give the program a good go , thank you for your encouragement .
    all the best
    Nelle