1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - Original diagnosis Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by PositivelyIrish, Feb 7, 2018.

1. PositivelyIrish

PositivelyIrish New Member

I have had various pain symptoms for about 15 years, tension headaches, leg pain etc also allergies and nervous tics since childhood. When I was pregnant 11 years ago I developed severe pain which was diagnosed as Fibromyalgia about 4 years later. What always confused me about this diagnosis is that although the symptoms were exactly as described, excruciating pain, severe fatigue, problems sleeping I knew there was nothing physically wrong with me. I explained to many people that although I could feel the most awful pain I knew there was nothing wrong with the area the pain was coming from. I got the impression the professionals thought I was being a bit silly with my odd ideas. It has been a huge relief through reading these pages to know that although the pain is very real, it is my mind playing tricks on my body. Although I have to be honest and say that I am not looking forward to the process over the next 6 weeks I am very hopeful of a positive outcome.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Well known member

Welcome! I have healed using the SEP and other tms progs, and after 22 years of 'so called' fibromyalgia!! Am now firing on all cyclinders - so go for it - you are in good company!

3. PositivelyIrish

PositivelyIrish New Member

Thank you very much hecate 105 for the supportive words