1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

CPPS?? PN?? All in my head??

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by HealMePlease, Apr 30, 2018.

1. HealMePlease

HealMePlease New Member

My name is Cache, I am a 30 year old male who is struggling to get some answers... about 8 weeks ago I got what seemed like a horrible UTI (never had one before) but after going to the doctor and having test ran everything came back negative. The pain was a 10/10 and was on going with no let up for weeks.Over the next almost three weeks I was going to the bathroom every 10min, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep and was becoming very depressed very fast.of course I read all of google which did nothing but make me think I was going to be miserable for the rest of my life. I have an amazing wife and 3 young kids and I know I have been stressed lately with some things but been plenty of times in my life that I've been stressed. The past couple weeks my symptoms in my bladder have gotten better I go to the bathroom pretty regular now and sleep has greatly improved almost normal but now have burning pain in thighs, my penis will hurt/ feel uncomfortable and same with my bladder but no pain to urinate just uncomfortable around the pubic area as well as testicle pain and scrotum pain. The urologist said I had epidididmitis in my right testicle but probably had it for a long time a so all I can think is maybe with all these symptoms it really flared up. I have had days were it's hard to sit down with the whole golf ball in the butt thing people talk about and just feeling a little depressed. Been to the urologist twice, go to see a new one tomorrow and also starting PT of my pelvic floor tomorrow. My wife is a doctor and we both believe this is not bacterial and so I had taken bactrim DS for 14 days and then quit and will not be taking anymore or anything unless they find a bacteria. I don't want any surgery and or take medicine I am willing to do whatever it takes and mentally if I need to focus and fix my brain I will just not sure if possibly it's something else just yet and maybe PT will help or maybe not. When I take a hot shower and relax at night it seems to feel better and that makes me think it's muscular/maybe nerve related as I have had back issues for most my life but never had any of these issues with it. Any advice? I have read about the TMS protocol but have no idea were to start it's like there are books and forums and all kids of stuff but no direct path to take?? Has anyone heard of the DNRS (Dynamic Neural Retraining System)? Is this a lot like that? Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi Cashe, welcome to the forum. Here on the wiki there are the Structured Educational Program and Alan Gordon's program. They are great for getting you started, along with Dr. Sarno's, and Steve Ozanich's books. Read success stories. The path is sometimes a bit different for each of us, but learning more and finding out if you think you have tms is the start.

Glad you found us,
    Lizzy

HealMePlease likes this.
  3. HealMePlease

HealMePlease New Member

Thanks so much for your reply! I went to see a new urologist this morning who tested my prostate fluid and found no bacteria. During the ultrasound they did find calcification around my prostate that he said can be from my pelvic floor muscles working against each other. I am going to physical therapy today and I'm hopeful that through that and mental awarenes of this program I can get my mind and body back to were i was. Thanks for the links I have already started reading into them and seems to be very valuable.

Lizzy likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi HealMePlease,

So much of your story sounds like TMS to me. Many variations of pelvic/gential/bladder issues here at the Forum for both male and females. The fact nothing significant is found systemically or physically is support for a TMS diagnosis. So, as you know is your history of back pain, and the connection with stress that you postulate. I urge you to study the materials deeply, including understanding Dr. Sarno's work very deeply, so that more and more of your questions and doubts are answered over time.

I suggest you focus less on physical therapy, and more on learning the processes as you mention, and your psychodynamics. Focusing on fixing things physically only fuels symptoms, as most of us can testify.

It is a path, as Lizzy suggests, each of us making sense of it for ourselves. And it can change your life and your relationships if you let it!

Best,

Andy B

readytoheal likes this.