1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Claire Weekes Audio

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Aug 26, 2013.

1. livlive

livlive Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for posting these, Eric. Just wanted to chime in that I am finding Dr. Weekes' talks to be so helpful as I try and work through my anxiety.

And listening to her is even better-her voice is so great, it's like being able to call on your own cheerleader whenever you want.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

It's like having Mary Poppins as my therapist/coach!

3. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hello All,

Thank you for this thread. I've read her book but it was helpful to hear her words. I'm currently facing an issue over travel. I have traveled all my life and I have enjoyed it. It was how I could decompress and relax. Now traveling causes me anxiety because my insomnia is so bad. I refuse to stop traveling (I don't want to let the fear dictate my actions) but it is hard on my body and it does take a lot of the fun out of it! This reminded me that I needed to keep at it so I do not become an agoraphobic. After developing anxiety 13 months ago, I can see how the fear can stop people from doing things. Claire wants you to face your fears - no matter how difficult it is.

Thx,
    AC45

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Lizzy like this.
  4. honey badger

honey badger Peer Supporter

Out of all the resources I read when going through some very troubling anxiety episodes, Claire Weekes's book Hope and Help for Your Nerves was the only thing that actually worked. In my opinion, her simple techniques go hand in hand with the TMS idea of feeling whatever you're suffering with (panic, pain, what have you), accepting it, and going on with your life without minding it too much. This doesn't quite do it justice, of course, and it's really worth reading her explanation of what to do when hit with anxiety attacks. Her tone is also very caring, so it is a pleasure to read her work. I can't say enough about this woman. Brilliant for sure!

5. Tala

Tala New Member

I have been listening to these all week and keep thinking the same thing about Mary Poppins. Thanks so much for posting these Eric!

Time2be likes this.
  6. gutter3

gutter3 Peer Supporter

Is this an audio from one of her books? I started listening to them and was also interested in Help for Your Nerves

7. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Now I listened to all four audios and she not only gives one of the best descriptions of the cycle of fear and sensitization, she also gives the most reasonable and plausible treatment. In beautiful and a bit old fashioned English. I think it fits well in with the TMS approach. And yes, this is like Mary Poppins talking to you. So, today I practice. I had a good day yesterday, woke up today with bladder pain, and yes, I was frustrated. Now I will accept and will go along with my duties in my normal pace. If I feel panic I will accept panic and not trying to act upon it ( like contemplating another urine testing - I had one three weeks ago). So, thanks for posting these audio tapes! I am thrilled (in a good way :) )

Lizzy likes this.
  8. Aster

Aster Newcomer

Thank you so much for the links to Dr Claire Weekes' audios. I often listen to them, but sometime this week the links seemed to have stopped working. Has someone else also had a problem to open the links recently?

9. Soph1802

Soph1802 Peer Supporter

I can’t open them either and would really love to hear them! If anyone has them downloaded or another link it would be great if you could post them.
    Thanks

10. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

11. Aster

Aster Newcomer

Thanks for the reply, Soph 1802 and for the link, TG957.
    I appreciate it.

TG957 likes this.
  12. ChronicVince

ChronicVince Peer Supporter

13. patrickj

patrickj Well known member

Where are the recordings? It’s taking me through to some website

14. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

it is a website. you just need to click on the little arrow to start the streaming.

patrickj likes this.