1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Claire Weekes Audio

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie, your videos are terrific. I'll be looking forward to seeing the one on anxiety.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. okidokisan

okidokisan Peer Supporter

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank You Walt. I'll have it soon. :)

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Really the same way you do while having anxiety. Not being in fear or being judgmental of the pain. Just allowing it to be and use your acceptance in this slot - you should do fine. You have to go through hell sometimes to get to the other side. I don't know how much pain your in but if you get mad or angered or even stressed cause your in pain it will just make it worse and feed the pain so you have got have tools like Facing, Floating, acceptance and time. You do know the 12 daily reminders in Sarnos book healing back pain right. Like not focusing on the pain but just let it be without judgment ya know. Thanks

plum likes this.
  5. okidokisan

okidokisan Peer Supporter

Yes I read the 12 each morning..what do you mean "facing"''I kinda get floating. Just bought Claire weekes book.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Just read her book and you'll see. Facing is looking fear, any fear, even the pain fear in the eye and not judging it or fearing it. :) Flaoting is letting it be in your body without trying to get out of your body then you create acceptance with time after applying these two truths ok. Thanks

plum likes this.
  7. sparkle

sparkle New Member

Only partway through the 1st one, and am finding it quite nice. Thanks so much for sharing.

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you sparkle, love that name -- keep in touch and let me know how everything turns out.... Bless You - :)

9. Layne

Layne Well known member

OMG. 1 and 2 were good but 3 and 4 totally describe the last few years of my life! So she states sensitization as a cause of the nervous illness and that it is possible to desensitize. I think that my nervous system is and has always been more sensitive than others. I know I'm not alone - I think this is the cause of "Highly Sensitive People" and other forms of being hyper aware of the world around us. I think this is why I am so good at sensing peoples' moods too. I am hyper sensitive to any change in mood because I grew up with a mother who I think was BPD and would blow up over the tiniest thing. So I learned how to detect minor shifts so I could get out of the way lol. I also think that this could be why I have food sensitivities and residual IBS (I cured the bulk of it learning things here - YAY!)

Back to desensitization; is there a way to completely desensitize? I think I have lessened it to a great degree using calming herbs and meditation, yoga, etc... but I still feel hyper aware of everything. I still have to wear earplugs to bed. I don't like being so "high strung," as I know my core is calm, centered and peaceful. I know my natural state is this peace. I wonder if this is where trauma healing work comes in? Perhaps I am still so sensitized because I have traumas tucked away just beyond conscious awareness that they keep me hypervigilant?

Thank you Eric for posting these! Which of her books would you recommend for me to keep learning about her theories? Thank you!

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

"Hope and help for your nerves" Yes this is the reason and the way out Layne, the keys are in the facing, floating, acceptance and time.
    Thanks

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie, your new videos on anxiety will be great, I'm sure.

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes, when the time permits and I get the place to make videos I will most definitely explain in those videos all about Claire's style of floating through the anxiety and plus many many more styles to release the anxiety also. Till then, thanks. :)

13. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Hi Eric,

I listened to almost all the links and they are very interesting. Her tone of voice is also very reaffirming. After she explained how panic attacks, anxiety and depression develop she mainly says that whenever the feelings come you have to relax your body, not affirm the fear and let the body feel the emotions. She also advised to start with small steps, specially people who can't get out of the house. Even though it is helpful and I have heard this before from other authors, I wonder if there is more to her methods. Maybe the books or other audios go deeper into anxiety and physical pain or you can describe it a little bit. Thank you.

14. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes leonor, there's is more to her words... " Hope and help for your nerves" is a pretty darn good book. Also Look at my new thread, My 911 tools pt 2 ok. Bless you

15. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Thanks a lot Eric! I will take a look at that book.

16. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

I just came across this posting. Thank you for posting the Claire Weekes audios, Herbie. I have only listened to the first one so far, but I now understand a way to deal with the uncomfortable sensations I still get in my left side. It is similar to something I read a month ago called 'flooding', a week before I ran across my first Sarno book.

17. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Thank you Eileen for posting so that it came up in recent threads! Also, thank you Herbie for originally posting these audios of Claire Weekes. I have listened to other recordings, but the depression segment is new to me and is more my problem.

18. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Eric, excellent post, do you know which CD these clips are from? Thanks

19. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    MMB and mike2014 like this.
  20. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle