1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic pain from a lot of Trauma

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by caroldiem, May 21, 2014.

1. caroldiem

caroldiem New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to the TMS world i have posted my story on this forum I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia plus i have a chronic anal fissure and psoriasis as well very painful :(

I had my first somatic psychotherapy session tonight and i discovered i HAVE A LOT of repressed ANGER

Also i repress my emotions it's my defence mechanism the session was very hard for me tonight i felt very uncomfortable but i realise more then ever how brilliant Dr Sarno is and that i am 100% suffering from TMS. I am currently reading healing back pain then when i am finished that i will start Steve's book i have also just ordered Dr Sarno's the Mind Body Prescription. I have a logn journey ahead of me and a lot of work to do but i am feeling hopeful

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Caroldiem. You're definitely on the right track, discovering and accepting that you have a lot of repressed anger.
    Most if not all of us who have had or still have TMS-caused pain know what you are going through.
    Reading Sarno's and Steve's books will be a big help in healing. As Dr. Sarno says, fibromyalgia really is just a fancy
    word doctors use for psychological pain, but most doctors won't admit. It doesn't cause pain, your repressed emotions
    from anger cause it. Now you have to work on journaling or just thinking about the anger inside of you.
    It probably goes back to your childhood, as Sarno says it usually does.

I healed from back pain by journaling and discovering I had a lot more repressed anger about my boyhood
    than I could imagine. Steve said they were a "perfect storm" for TMS... parents arguing about money, divorcing,
    me feeling trapped at home. Once I realized all that had caused me to have anger which developed into internal rage,
    again as Sarno says it can, I got to the forgiveness stage. When I put myself in my parents' shoes I realized they most
    likely had their own TMS. If you don't forgive, the anger wins. That can be applied to any situation or person who
    gave you stress.

You may not need to get more somatic psychotherapy if you read the books and start the Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program free
    on the TMSWiki.org forum.

Here's a video by Dr. Howard Schubiner, a TMS psychotherapist, who explains it all very well:

http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/mbs-mindbody-syndrome-seminar-with-dr-schubiner.4602/

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Don't agree in your mind that you have fibromyalgia. You have repressed anger as Walt and your psychotherapist said. That is why you are in pain. Learn to let go of those painful thoughts and think on beautiful sun rises and bountiful, hopeful times.
    Eventually you will start to heal but if you stay in the shadows and dwell their -- well. Let this time be a time for change, the rd isn't as long as you might think. :)
    Bless you

4. caroldiem

caroldiem New Member

Thanks Eric yes i 100% agree I have had two psychotherapy sessions so far and the repressed anger that comes out of my body just blows my mind. I mean i have so much anger about pretty much teh first 34 years of my lifeeeee i sound like a wild caged animal during my psychotherapy sessions but that anger has to come out somehow :) if it wasn't for youtube and this wiki i wouldn't have known about TMS

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes, that's it, releasing is a powerful way to get in touch with what's creating your pain.
    Have you tried any of the programs here at the forum? Let me know :) It's all free.
    Bless you

6. caroldiem

caroldiem New Member

No i haven't but i should. Fortunately for me the somatic psycotherapy sessions are free as well :) here in australia the government will pay for it if u have had a baby and had trauma

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

8. caroldiem

caroldiem New Member

Thanks Eric doign that right now i am having a bad flare today whole body is aching GRRRR to TMS i feel it will take quite awhile until i am better

9. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Caroldiem. That's fantastic you can get the Somatic experiencing therapist paid for. I am seeing a Somatic Experiencing therapist here in Texas and it has been incredibly helpful for me. I also had a bad anal fissure when my son was first born 15 years ago. I can remember how rough it was for months. I ended up having surgery for it and gratefully have not had any problems since, even when my second child was born. It sounds like you are making great progress and absolutely on the right path.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, everyone. If misery loves company, you might get a LOL out of this quote I just came across:

"Oh, God, I struggle with low self-esteem all the time! I think everyone does. I have so much wrong with me, it’s unbelievable!"
    -- Angelina Jolie

(she makes about $10 million per movie and is the happy partner of Brad Pitt)

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Just Relax and be in calmness ok. Stay in the now and take time to watch a movie and laugh. Often we can try to hard and the answer is in your acceptance of who you are and being in a calm, loving state. Meditation is a great thing to do to achieve calmness too. Be easy on yourself and repeat the words I'm calm, relaxed, patient and confident all through the day -- while you do this actually think of what calmness feels like and experience that emotion in your body ok and then go to I'm relaxed and feel that emotion and so on. Take your time and be calm. Soothing is key when we have a flare up ok.
    Bless you