1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic Headaches - Random Grey Hairs at 22

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by WajihC, Aug 31, 2021.

1. WajihC

WajihC New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been reading Sarno's work for a while. I also just read Alan Gordon's new book as well over the past two days. I know that I have TMS, because every once in a while my headaches go away and I feel really good - even though there may be a genetic factor as my mother started getting way more grey hairs at 18 (she's 45 now and re-colors her hair a lot). I also do meditation, yoga, and rockclimbing, so my health should be good. My schedule is additionally pretty reasonable with no major visible stressors.

I would probably say that I find myself thinking random thoughts about social judgement and things like that, which are likely triggering the stress cascade. I would like to just observe these thoughts till they pass, but they automatically start the headache.

Basically, I've tried all this stuff, but my headaches do not go away! Alan's new book mentioned not being too hawkish about treatment, and that seems to help a bit. However, when the headaches happen, I'm at a loss. I get fatigued and tired (though not tired enough to stop me from doing things during the day).

Anyone have good headache experience? I don't want to be dealing with this any longer.

Edit - I've just installed the Curable app, so maybe that will help.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  2. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

I am hoping for help here too. I totally get what you are saying. I wake every morning with a migraine. They almost never come any other time. But I'm turned 70 now. My grandson is 2. He's just given me such a bad head. I feel pathetic. I can't cope with him. I'm hoping Alan's book will work for me. I've been trying this 20 years. Nothing. Last chance saloon. Head pain is the pits. No distraction. My back pain is nothing by comparison. I can at least watch TV. Not with head pain. Yes please. Can anyone help us with head pain

WajihC likes this.
  3. WajihC

WajihC New Member

Hey Saffron,

I am finding good stuff in the Curable app as I've been using it when I got a chance, it might help you

Saffron likes this.
  4. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

Yes thank you. I've done it all. But sadly no changes. Good for you though

5. fewjoram

fewjoram Peer Supporter

Have you gone to a doctor? That is absolutely not normal for your age.