1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Cancelled PT

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sangria14, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Sangria14

Sangria14 Newcomer

Hi all,
    I've been doing the structured educational program for tension headaches and have been doing really well- except now the pain has moved to my right trapezius (I've had pain there before). It's in spasm and really hurts! I've read that when the pain moves it's a good sign because that means TMS is "on the run" and I believe that.

So, I went ahead and cancelled my PT appointment for this week! Please tell me I did the right thing! Also, any other words of wisdom will be much appreciated!

2. sam908

sam908 Peer Supporter

You did the right thing. My shoulder pain is constantly moving around. Yesterday, it moved out of my left lateral deltoid and settled in my left trapezius. I've ignored the urge to see an orthopedist to get an injection, as I know that this too shall pass.

3. Sangria14

Sangria14 Newcomer

Thank you! This is so crazy! It's so weird to do the opposite!

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You did the right thing, the pain moving to the opposite limb makes no rational anatomical sense. I've had occasional shoulder pains and now that I'm onto it as TMS, it fades faster and faster. I had wrist pain on waking yesterday that I attributed to changing my catch and pull swimming the back-stroke the night before. Since I was going to hit tennis balls with it, I got a little concerned, it felt very real but not excruciating. By the time I got on the court it had disappeared and I gave it no thought, it had vanished--another TMS pain symptom mirage.