1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

body wide twitching leg,thigh,feet,hand cramping

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by bugga313, Oct 3, 2014.

1. bugga313

bugga313 Newcomer

Hello everybody ive been worried sick the past 2 months it all started with a lump in my throat that went to my chest that lasted 2days..the next day i was getting pins and needles feeling
    .. about a week later came body wide twitching with stiffness in my legs thighs feet and hands ive had an emg in my arm came back clean im scared dont know were to turn also been diagnosed with acid reflux can some one please help if you have had similar symptoms i dont know were to turn its ruining my life

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

How did you find this site?

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Bugga,

Although it sounds very tms'ie to me, rule out anything serious by visiting a doctor.

lump in the throat, pins and needles, twitching, stiffness, acid reflux... they are all common signs of TMS. Apart from the acid reflux, although I've had bouts of burping all the time, I had them.

I hope this reduces your worries, take care

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Bugga, Steve Ozanich says acid reflux is just another symptom of TMS and to avoid any medication for it
    because it will only keep the problem going. Keep working on your TMS repressed emotions,
    but don't obsess about them or any symptoms. Spend more of your time enjoying each day and not worrying
    about tomorrow or beyond.

I was in a worry stew this morning about finances but then switched my mind onto imagery that calmed me
    and kept me in today, in the present. My favorite calming imagery is remembering being on wilderness canoe trips
    in the Minnesota-Ontario northwoods... feeling the warm sun on me, hearing loons calling across a tranquil lake,
    hearing the water lapping up with each paddle. I hope you can imagine yourself in your favorite calming place.

Knut likes this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Bugga, please let us know whether you have read any of Dr. Sarno's books, or accessed any of the resources suggested at our wiki website, so we have a better idea how to respond. You will find answers to a lot of your initial questions at tmswiki.org. Also, you can put your symptom into the search box on this page and see what others have posted about that symptom.

Books by Dr. John Sarno, MD: The MindBody Prescription, The Divided Mind
    TMS Wiki
    Introduction to TMS
    Structured Educational Program

~Jan