1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bed ridden and crooked trunk

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jetgrl, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Jetgrl

Jetgrl Newcomer

Please help me through this. I’ve been bed ridden for the last month as sitting up, walking, driving, standing, etc is excruciating. The severe pain is so off the charts I can’t push through it. I believe 100 it is TMS- mri shows bulging disc. I beat this before in 2016- but this time I’m bedridden and pain is level 10 immobilizing me completely even gettin out of bed to use bathroom is beyond painful. My trunk is crooked and I’m hunched over. Also with a walker. I’m only 43 and have 4 kids who need me. I’ve been thinking psychology minded, reading the books, watching the success stories, but no improvement. Please what do I do next? I feel like I’m fighting for my life but nothing’s helping. We are all suffering as a parent this is the worst
    Thx

Avnita Suri likes this.
  2. Benjiro

Benjiro Peer Supporter

Hello @Jetgrl.

Thank you for reaching out. Have you started working through the 40-day Structured Educational Program? There are a lot of articles and journal prompts that can help you identify the past experiences, current stressors, and personal traits that are responsible for your pain and dysfunction. I also recommend Alan Gordon’s multi-media pain program which can help get you on the right track.

Be patient with yourself. You didn’t get here overnight and it will take time to heal. I’m also happy you found this place, because there are a lot of people suffering who don’t know that they have the power to heal themselves.

Avnita Suri likes this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jetgrl,

It sounds like you are under severe stress and need extra support. I would recommend a TMS therapist over the phone (The Pain Pscyh Center is what I used...Alan's practice). You may also need to make some practical changes in your life...i.e. getting more help with the kids etc.....not because of the back pain but because you have 4 kids! That's a lot!! I have 2 but 1 is special needs I had to get help because my TMS was symbolic of the fact that I could not go in the way the I had been for years. I was bedridden too at a certain point and the situation was dire. I had to change my whole way of being...if the house is a mess or things don't go right with the kids etc....I had to learn to let things go and prioritize.

TG957 and Benjiro like this.
  4. Avnita Suri

Avnita Suri Peer Supporter

Hi @Jetgrl , did you manage to make headway on your issues. I agree; I would also say it's TMS. In my experience these things are almost always psychological, so it's great that people are waking up to this. I know it's hard initially to get through things again, especially when you're feeling really bad. However, suffice to know that many people do get over such conditions, but deeper work is required.