Red Mountain
New Member
I developed tingling in my feet and fatigue in my thighs a year ago. I was on hormone therapy that I thought was causing it. My Raynaud's got much worse, I developed SI joint pain, thoracic pain, and neck pain, anxiety, panic attacks, I stopped exercising. I had been a runner, skier and hiker. I quite the hormones and I am in menopause which I thought was causing my symptoms. But, my back pain and the neuropathy, fatigue, tight muscles, vascular spasms/pooling in my hands, dizziness, intolerance to temperature changes, digestion problems, weight loss got worse.
I thought most of the orthopedic symptoms were from facet joints and discs so then I had a nerve block in my back and the combination of the sedative and the trauma to my back really caused my autonomic nervous system to go haywire. I went to Mayo thinking I had a thyroid disorder b/c I had been diagnosed with empty sella syndrome of my pituitary, but the Doctor said it was fine, and referred me to the autonomic nervous system department.
A neurosurgeon said my back was fine and that I should look into the TMS/MBS as a reason for my symptoms. He gave me Unlearning Pain and it has helped me a lot with some things. I have had a lot of anxiety in my past that I was able to deal with by exercising. I developed an eating disorder in high school and would binge then run to deal with anxiety. I am also a perfectionist and have OCD, all of this is so much worse now. I see the connections between my personality and the TMS.
But, the Doctor said the blood circulation and temperature control was not related to my back. An internist suggested that I go to the Mayo Clinic to the autonomic nervous system specialists. I have an appointment in a couple of months. Does anyone have familiarity with this? I am wondering if the TMS can really help my other autonomic nervous system dysfunction OR should I go to Mayo? I am worried about winter b/c I really can't keep my hands warm, I also thought eating mire fat might help, but not sure!
Thanks.
I thought most of the orthopedic symptoms were from facet joints and discs so then I had a nerve block in my back and the combination of the sedative and the trauma to my back really caused my autonomic nervous system to go haywire. I went to Mayo thinking I had a thyroid disorder b/c I had been diagnosed with empty sella syndrome of my pituitary, but the Doctor said it was fine, and referred me to the autonomic nervous system department.
A neurosurgeon said my back was fine and that I should look into the TMS/MBS as a reason for my symptoms. He gave me Unlearning Pain and it has helped me a lot with some things. I have had a lot of anxiety in my past that I was able to deal with by exercising. I developed an eating disorder in high school and would binge then run to deal with anxiety. I am also a perfectionist and have OCD, all of this is so much worse now. I see the connections between my personality and the TMS.
But, the Doctor said the blood circulation and temperature control was not related to my back. An internist suggested that I go to the Mayo Clinic to the autonomic nervous system specialists. I have an appointment in a couple of months. Does anyone have familiarity with this? I am wondering if the TMS can really help my other autonomic nervous system dysfunction OR should I go to Mayo? I am worried about winter b/c I really can't keep my hands warm, I also thought eating mire fat might help, but not sure!
Thanks.