1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Are these conditions possibly TMS related?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by leomessi45, Jan 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. leomessi45

leomessi45 Peer Supporter

So as some of you know I commented hear regarding my knee and back pain that has plagued me over the years that I now know was completely psychosomatic. I was diagnosed with a dessicated disc at 20 that I was super scared about but after watching Dr. Schubiner's lecture it's completely normal at my age. I've started to do more research and I was wondering what you guys know about all these other conditions that I have suffered through and are they TMS as well because according to my research a lot of these conditions have to do with an overreactive nervous system.

- allergies/seasonal asthma
    -ADHD
    - acne
    - dizziness after roller coasters
    - ear rings sometimes
    - numb feet and hands. in winter I dont feel cold except my hands and I have to wear heavy gloves
    - tension headaches

I'm pretty sure the last three are TMS but not sure about the first four. Also I went to my dentist and he told me I have been a mouth breather for years. Does that have anything to do with TMS couldn't find any info on that?

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Switch to nasal breathing. If TMS helps manage the others, you're fine:) Are your allergies mild?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

The only one on the list that is most likely TMS, is tension headaches. Dizziness after roller coasters, occasional ear ringing and numb feet and hands in the cold are part of the human condition. Acne, ADHD and allergies are not TMS. What is coming through the most in you post is ANXIETY, in the form of health anxiety. Avoiding roller coasters is an easily solvable problem lol. Allergies, acne, and adhd, usually require medical treatment (if severe).

Balsa11 likes this.