1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Healed - TMS fighting back with allergy

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by af90, Mar 11, 2015.

1. af90

af90 Peer Supporter

Hi,

It has been a 4 month healing journey which i can finally say my widespread muscular physical pain has reduced so significantly maybe (by 95%). I thought the fight was over but (embarrassingly to be honest) TMS managed to fool me again in the last month by changing form.

In the last month and still till now, i have been coughing a lot, having headaches, fatigue, blocked ears. This made me stay at home, stop running or any physical exercise and "take care" of myself. I thought i must of caught a cold or flu but the symptoms never ceased. I had my doubts that maybe it was TMS symptom imperative but never really believed that theory. I just came back from a pulmonologist who diagnosed me with allergy and gave me 3 medicines to fight it over. Now I am very convinced that it is symptome imperative and decided that i will not take the medicine and treat it as TMS. I have had days where the coughs has decreased and was coincidentally the time when my sciatica pain made an appearance again, which further is enough proof to me that the two set of symptoms are related.

@Steve Ozanich describes in his book about a time when he had coughs for a month and i beleive that i have similar.

Looking for the last support before i beat TMS!

IrishSceptic and Anna1 like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, af90. Change of weather, seasons, can cause things like allergies and coughing.
    I think you have a TMS symptom, and am glad you are following that belief, as Steve wrote.
    You just have some more repressed emotions to deal with, or perfectionist and goodist personality.
    It takes time to discover them and can take time for the subconscious to stop its tricks on you.

You've had lots of TMS success. Keep positive and you will heal 100 percent.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi af90,

Thanks for the update. It is soooo good to hear how you have progressed. I am so happy to hear that you healed 95% of the pain. You will inspire others to continue. What is a little allergy, now that you have the mind-body figured out? Keep at it!!

A month or two ago I had what I thought was a cat allergy reaction, and I just ignored it (meaning I did not get a tissue or wash out my eyes or move where I was sitting). It was gone in a few minutes. That was important learning for me.

Andy B.

lexylucy likes this.
  4. Anna1

Anna1 Peer Supporter

Hello, I know what you're talking about. I've had allergies before, but it is the last TMS-thing that I need to tackle. It is extra hard because I need my voice in my profession. So the fear for it is great, and it's very hard to ignore. But I am not giving up until it's gone!!! Good luck with your challenge!