1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Alan Gordon tells his own story

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Alan Gordon was recently interviewed on a podcast called Psych 1 on 1. According to its description, "Psych 1 On 1 will educate and entertain discussing today's issues from a psychological standpoint, interviewing psychologists, and counselors. Also artists and musicians will be interviewed from a psych viewpoint."

He reviews the basics of TMS and his treatment approach using his own recovery story. He even refers to our site as "The hub for all things TMS"!

There are two versions, only that is audio only and another that has video (only of the interviewer):
    Perhaps because he recovered from TMS himself, he wanted to ensure that anyone with TMS can get good treatment, so he donated a recovery program to our site. It can be found here (link) and is an excellent complement to the podcast. We also have a special subforum for discussing the recovery program (link).

You can contact him through the contact form of the website of his new Pain Psychology Center:
    http://painpsychologycenter.com/index.html

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for telling us about this, Forest. I'll find time sometime today or tomorrow to watch or hear it.
    I bet his story is really worth knowing.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Msunn like this.
  3. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

Thanks for posting that Forest. It's great to hear Alan tell his TMS story. I did email him at one point and thanked him for the structured education program here. I'm sure it's something he could have charged money for, but posted for free here to help others. I got an almost immediate reply from him and he also helped me find a TMS therapist that I could afford.