1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A newbie here. Looking for advice.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by greggyz, Aug 9, 2018.

1. greggyz

greggyz Newcomer

Good day everyone. I am extremely happy to have found this forum and I became hopeful again. In 2015 I got sick and I have not been the same ever since. All blood tests are normal yet I have a myriad of medically unexplained symptoms. My psychiatrist friend a while back suggested that I might have some form of somatoform disorder, which I didn't deny since I was quite open to any idea that would make sense out of all the stuff that had been happening to me. Luckily today I stumbled upon this book (mind divided) on Amazon (haven't bought yet) literally seems to be exactly what I need. I read the reviews, looked on tmswiki, beyond any doubt I am 100% convinced. It is what I need.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me where exactly I should start and what book is absolutely necessary(on a budget). I am living in Thailand, it seems there are no TMS doctors here.

I am ready to become healthy again!

Greg

Lizzy likes this.
  2. MJ Schwartz

MJ Schwartz Newcomer

I loved the book, "The Mindbody Prescription," by Dr. John Sarno. I also suggest searching for TMS on YouTube. You will find a ton of very helpful information, free of charge. I particularly like Nicole Sachs videos, but there are a lot of good ones!

Lizzy likes this.
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Welcome Greg,

There are two free programs here on the wiki, The Structured Educational Program and Alan Gordon's program. Both are excellent. Also reading success stories about other people overcoming their mind body symptoms is encouraging and reinforces the hope of being well. You are in a good place!

Lizzy

BloodMoon likes this.
  4. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Welcome! I like Dr. Schubiner’s work. There are videos online (YouTube) and on his homepage he has some material https://www.unlearnyourpain.com/ (home)
    You will learn about other approaches, e.g. Claire Weekes who has written on anxiety and how to overcome it. Her YouTube videos are great! It’s older material, from the 50s and 60s, but her therapy became most influential.
    Take your time! And believe in your health!

5. kamu cantik

kamu cantik Newcomer

I am new here too and new to discovering John Sarno's work. I bought the kindle version of his book The Divided Mind and am working my way through it. I am finding it very helpful.

BloodMoon likes this.