1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

25 years of Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by DonnaJean, Feb 4, 2016.

1. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

Just found this wonderful site! I found out about The Divided Mind this week...and I've read only about 1/2 the book BUT there is no doubt in my mind that I have TMS. My childhood was filled with anxiety from a mother who was very cruel and then I went through 2 divorces, raised a son with autism and many, many other stressors in my life. It's only been 3 days that I have been reading and ALREADY I am feeling less pain! I am so excited to start this program...however, there is so much information I don't know where to start or how to start...if anyone has a suggestion, I would so appreciate it!

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Donna. Welcome. I had chronic pain for 20+ years. Some doctors thought I had Fibromyalgia but I was never willing to accept that diagnosis. I am very excited for you because I know what it is like to find some hope after having chronic pain for so long. The Structured Educational Program and Alan Gordon's recovery program on this site are great places to start. Also, Dr Schubiner's Unlearn Your Pain is also really good. You are going to do great! We are here to give any guidance you might need. Just fully accepting that TMS is what is causing the physical pain and discomfort will give you tremendous benefit. We like to make this a lot of work and dissect every little thing but if you are already feeling a reduction in your pain after 3 days, you are off to a fantastic start. Embrace that change and you could wake up tomorrow pain free! Of course, if you don't, that is fine too. Everyone is individual in their recovery, the important thing to remember is that it will happen with belief, awareness, and practice.

Simplicity and Boston Redsox like this.
  3. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

Hi Anne, thank you so much for your advice! I will continue on the path to a pin free life!

4. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

DonnaJean Anne gave you wonderful advise...I just wanted to extend a welcome. I'm also fairly new here and it is a Forum unlike any I've ever seen. Lots of information and caring people. I've yet to see a bloated ego.

Everyone's journey is different. You will find what feels right to you. Remember most importantly be good to you. Show yourself compassion.

Simplicity and Tennis Tom like this.
  5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

DonnaJean,
    Welcome to the Forum! I overcame 20 years of fibromyalgia using the techniques discussed on this Forum. I know you can do it too. Just take it one day and one step at a time. You can read my recovery story and recommendations on my profile page or in the Success Stories sub-Forum.

Please keep us informed on how you are doing and feel free to ask questions at any time. We are all here to support one another.

Simplicity likes this.
  6. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

DonnaJean,

Welcome to the forum. I agree with what @Susan1111 said, this is a very warm and supportive community, for sure. Like @Anne Walker, I recommend Unlearn Your Pain, it's where I started and I can't praise it enough.

Ellen, your recovery story was one of the first things I read on this forum and it gave me such hope, it still does.

Ellen and Susan1111 like this.