1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
jlk125
Last Activity:
Jun 16, 2015
Birthday:
January 10
Teacher

Share This Page

jlk125

Newcomer, Female, from Illinois

I am a newbie to TMS. I'm very excited to join TMS and conquer my overactive bladder. Jun 16, 2015

jlk125 was last seen:
Jun 16, 2015
  • My Story

I am 37. I am a wife and mother. I teach part time. I have an extreme Type A personality with some obsessive qualities. A year ago, I was diagnosed with overactive bladder. I was prescribed medication to control it. It seemed to work. By September, I no longer took the medication. I drank coffee, ate chocolate without any problems. Then, almost a year to the day (June), my overactive bladder kicked into overdrive. I began taking my medication and it didn't seem to have the same effect. I began to think that all of this is "in my head". I'm crazy. When I'm working out or involved in a project, I never think about my bladder nor does it seem to bother me. It's during the quiet times, the unscheduled laziness of summer that I begin have have issues. I looked up Dr. Sarno and began reading excepts from his books. Then, I found this site. I do believe that my bladder is caused by TMS. I do believe that TMS is going to help me regain control over my life and make me a happier person.
    1. jlk125
      jlk125
      I am a newbie to TMS. I'm very excited to join TMS and conquer my overactive bladder.
      1. PamD
        PamD
        Welcome ! Hope to see you around here. This is an awesome group of people.
        Jun 16, 2015
      2. Forest
        Forest
        Welcome to the community!
        Jun 16, 2015
      3. Boston Redsox
        Boston Redsox
        welcome jik125
        Jun 17, 2015
  • My Story

Birthday:
    January 10
    Teacher
    Diagnoses:
    Overactive Bladder
    I am 37. I am a wife and mother. I teach part time. I have an extreme Type A personality with some obsessive qualities. A year ago, I was diagnosed with overactive bladder. I was prescribed medication to control it. It seemed to work. By September, I no longer took the medication. I drank coffee, ate chocolate without any problems. Then, almost a year to the day (June), my overactive bladder kicked into overdrive. I began taking my medication and it didn't seem to have the same effect. I began to think that all of this is "in my head". I'm crazy. When I'm working out or involved in a project, I never think about my bladder nor does it seem to bother me. It's during the quiet times, the unscheduled laziness of summer that I begin have have issues. I looked up Dr. Sarno and began reading excepts from his books. Then, I found this site. I do believe that my bladder is caused by TMS. I do believe that TMS is going to help me regain control over my life and make me a happier person.