1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Ami
Last Activity:
Nov 1, 2021

Followers 1

Self-employed business

Share This Page

Ami

Peer Supporter, Female

Still doing the work; learning a geat deal about my patterns, issues, and emotions.... Who knew? Jan 10, 2013

Ami was last seen:
Nov 1, 2021
  • My Story

I read that TMS is behind neuralgia; I am counting on it, as the option of increasing anti- convulsants that make me stupid, dopey, or worse, of getting brain surgery - are dismal prospects. All this started out of the blue some six years ago; this summer was absolutely brutal. The last neurologist I saw, after 9 hours in Emergency when the neuralgia went totally out of control, told me about the grim future I faced. I was feeling quite sorry for myself, no longer able to function in my business with the very high dose of meds, passing clients on to others, and thinking I needed to face this "serious" condition.

Three weeks ago, a friend suggested I read Sarno's latest book before considering surgery. I have since also read The Mind Body Prescription, listened to Sarno's interview, and now have found this Forum.

Have only read 1 success story in The Divided Brain, back chapter - a woman who has been diagnosed and suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia. I have been diagnosed with a similar, though rarer type of neuralgia. I am so relieved to find out that TMS is the cause of this excruciating pain, and not any damage or compression of the nerve....now to convince my Unconscious to stop this strategy.

If anyone out there have success stories to share related to neuralgia, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for all of you who have created this Forum.

Ami
    1. Ami
      Ami
      In-depth journaling ...start off on one topic and all kinds of related threads show up, so I follow them. Remembering all kinds of things!
    2. Ami
      Ami
      Sheesh...having to do a lot of stern talking to my unconscious today with many possible TMS pain whispers...which I nip in the bud, sigh!
    3. Ami
      Ami
      Some slight pain whispers today as I felt insecure, exposed and vulnerable. Talked sternly to my unconscious and averted any pain episode.
    4. Ami
      Ami
      Have finished a quick read of Brady's book, Pain Free for Life; very practical and comprehensive. Still pain-free...just slight whispers
    5. Ami
      Ami
      Just started reading Brady's 6- week program; very helpful. Told my doctor about TMS as the cause of neuralgia. She wrote down Sarno's book
    6. Ami
      Ami
      Still pain free today after over 24 hours. Got a slight jab at 6:30 pm, and so decided to stop working, as my body was tired. Good so far!
    7. Ami
      Ami
      Since stating "I am taking care of my body now" at break time today at 4 pm, all TMS episodes have stopped. Hmmmm!
    8. Ami
      Ami
      Struggled with TMS pain episodes all day until at 4 pm, I took a break from work, and told my unconscious, "I am taking care of my body noe
    9. Ami
      Ami
      Became discouraged this afternoon, and so tired of the onslaught of TMS Ppain episodes despite my journaling, vigilance in naming feelings.
    10. Ami
      Ami
      Journaling like crazy; still yelling a lot to get the TMS episodes to stop. Seems every little thought sets this off.
    11. Ami
      Ami
      Yesterday I did a lot of yelling at my unconscious to stop the TMS pain episodes; it was exhausting...though seemed to work some.
  • My Story

Self-employed business
    I read that TMS is behind neuralgia; I am counting on it, as the option of increasing anti- convulsants that make me stupid, dopey, or worse, of getting brain surgery - are dismal prospects. All this started out of the blue some six years ago; this summer was absolutely brutal. The last neurologist I saw, after 9 hours in Emergency when the neuralgia went totally out of control, told me about the grim future I faced. I was feeling quite sorry for myself, no longer able to function in my business with the very high dose of meds, passing clients on to others, and thinking I needed to face this "serious" condition.

Three weeks ago, a friend suggested I read Sarno's latest book before considering surgery. I have since also read The Mind Body Prescription, listened to Sarno's interview, and now have found this Forum.

Have only read 1 success story in The Divided Brain, back chapter - a woman who has been diagnosed and suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia. I have been diagnosed with a similar, though rarer type of neuralgia. I am so relieved to find out that TMS is the cause of this excruciating pain, and not any damage or compression of the nerve....now to convince my Unconscious to stop this strategy.

If anyone out there have success stories to share related to neuralgia, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for all of you who have created this Forum.

Ami