Recent content by walllc643

  1. W

    Just had my first of 10 TMS therapy sessions

    I happen to be one of those individuals who has great difficulty accepting the TMS diagnosis on a deep, emotional level. I have compiled ample evidence that my pain is indeed psychosomatic, and I am able to recognize the diagnosis as valid on an intellectual level, but that core belief just...
  2. W

    Alan G. How does TMS cause tightness?

    What is the relationship between chronic muscle tightness and muscular pain within the TMS framework? My pain is confined to the back, hip and leg muscles on the right side of my body. I've noticed unsurprisingly that the muscles throughout my right side are permanently tense. However, when I...
  3. W

    Derek S. Mood and TMS

    Do endorphins play a significant role in long-term recovery from PPD? The reason I ask is because my pain only seems to improve when I'm in an unusually good mood, and I assume this is because of the pain-negating effects of endorphins. Obviously it's impossible to be in a fantastic mood all...
  4. W

    Ready to try again...

    Thanks, Dahlia. I definitely struggle with accepting that my conscious awareness is only a small piece of what makes me the person I am. Believing in something I can't see, even if I KNOW it's there, is a tall order for someone like me who is so very prone to fear and doubt. What is most...
  5. W

    Ready to try again...

    Thanks Andy. I really struggle with black and white thinking, so I have a hard time moving forward in the presence of doubt. I get so hung up on trying to decide whether I entirely believe/disbelieve that my pain is 0%/100% psychologically rooted. I live my life in terms of absolutes, even...
  6. W

    Ready to try again...

    For the past 3-4 years, I have struggled with chronic pain throughout the muscles on the right side of my body. No clear structural cause has been identified by any of my doctors. I pass every medical exam, and my MRI/CT scans are normal. After endless medical exams, procedures and...
  7. W

    Trouble accepting the diagnosis

    I believe that I can eventually train myself to accept the diagnosis at the level of the unconscious mind. I'm becoming increasingly confident as I continue to put in the work on a daily basis. Every journal entry, article, video, forum thread and conversation is bringing me closer to...
  8. W

    Trouble accepting the diagnosis

    I haven't but will certainly look into it. I just ordered Unlearn Your Pain by Howard Schubiner and am looking forward to it.
  9. W

    6 tender points...

    I have a long history of this type of fearful "what if" thinking. The thoughts tend to come on very suddenly and the fear they create is instantaneous. Unfortunately I've spent a lifetime buying into these bullshit thoughts, so learning to resist them has been tough. It's like the story of...
  10. W

    6 tender points...

    Thanks Steve. It always struck me as odd that all people with psychosomatic pain would exhibit these very specific points of tenderness...
  11. W

    6 tender points...

    John Sarno identifies 6 tender points that are present in almost all TMS patients. These occur on the upper buttocks, low back and trapezius muscles on both the right and left sides. My pain fits all the criteria for TMS, except I can't seem to locate these tender points. Does anyone else...
Back
Top