Recent content by Quadzilla

  1. Q

    Day 18 Most Prevalent in My Journal Entries

    Common to all my stressors, past and present, is this theme of feeling silenced - like I have to keep everything in... So... TMS. This compulsive silence has bred resentment and frustration and powerlessness. But now that I am looking at the big picture, I am just sad for myself. I am sad that I...
  2. Q

    Day 15 Question to Ponder... Traveling Pain

    Walt I have to disagree with you about not spending time looking at these issues and I am going to ask that you respect my process. Even 5% of Sarno's patients needed psychotherapy as part of their work. I believe TMS is the cause of my sciatica but I also believe that as a sufferer from PTSD...
  3. Q

    Day 15 Question to Ponder... Traveling Pain

    My pain hasn't moved much. It has been pretty consistently sciatic pain... except once. Let me preface this by saying I am dealing with very large issues and I am in a lot of therapy right now. I was the victim of a horrible violent crime in January and I have PTSD. I did not start to really...
  4. Q

    Day 10 Treatment so far

    Hey Redeemed- I am dealing with a whole big fat mess, but among the things I realized was that I learned to shut up and stuff my feelings down for the sake of homeostasis too. I am trying to figure out how to change that dynamic with my parents especially. One thing I have done, besides try to...
  5. Q

    Day 10 My Progress Thus Far

    My oh my. My progress went from a trickle to busting down dam in the last 3 days. Let me start by saying I am working with a counselor because I am dealing with very traumatic and complicated issues. I had a traumatic experience in January and I had not really dealt with it or the resulting...
  6. Q

    DAY 3 PHYSICAL ACTIVITY

    I am just starting too. I find it pretty damn scary but I have been digging deep in the feelings department and doing amazing work. I have uncovered some really big feelings I have been suppressing. With each day of emotional progress my sciatica subsides. Just an observation based off my own...
  7. Q

    DAY 3 PHYSICAL ACTIVITY

    Hi Angeleyez- I have been struggling with the when to workout and how much question too. Olympic lifting and powerlifting are my how I find my greatest joy and I am so excited to return to them. I have gotten back in the gym carefully because I am still having some nerve pain - sciatica and my...
  8. Q

    Day 3 10 days since weightlifting

    So I understand that many folks here have avoided physical activities they love for weeks, months, and years and for me it has only been 10 days... But here is the thing, weightlifting is my passion. It has kept me sane throughout the toughest year of my life. It was the only place I felt safe...
Back
Top