1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 10 days since weightlifting

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Quadzilla, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla New Member

So I understand that many folks here have avoided physical activities they love for weeks, months, and years and for me it has only been 10 days...

But here is the thing, weightlifting is my passion. It has kept me sane throughout the toughest year of my life. It was the only place I felt safe. I have PTSD and I am only now gearing up to treat it (thank you Dr. Sarno).

I am hitting the gym floor tomorrow despite my sciatica symptoms. I normally powerlift or Olympic lift. I won't be doing that but I will train with my most favorite coach ever. I'm excited and nervous. I can already hear the naysayers... You should rest. I've been inert for 10 day which as someone who was training for a national powerlifting meet has felt awful.

Since I started this program I have finally started clearing the air, opening up, getting in touch with my emotions which are complex and messy. I have a very complicated situation to unpack but I'm doing the work and to celebrate, tomorrow I am going to pick stuff up and put it down!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve Ozanich is a great example of someone who healed from TMS to a large part by continuing to be active while in pain,
    playing golf. He explains it all in his wonderful book, THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION.

So I encourage you to keep up the weightlifting, with your favorite coach. Work through any pain.
    It will be good for you both physically and maybe even more importantly, psychologically.

Enjoy your exercise. Laugh at any pain.

And getting in touch with your emotions also is great help in healing. Journal about them.