1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 18 Most Prevalent in My Journal Entries

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Quadzilla, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla New Member

Common to all my stressors, past and present, is this theme of feeling silenced - like I have to keep everything in... So... TMS. This compulsive silence has bred resentment and frustration and powerlessness. But now that I am looking at the big picture, I am just sad for myself. I am sad that I felt I needed to keep quiet about everything. I am sad for me as a little girl, terrified to speak up and I am sad for me, a strong and fierce woman who was also afraid to speak up for herself (not others.)

The great thing is, not only is my sciatica subsiding, I am finally finding my voice.

liatws22 and Irene like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's great to know you are finally finding your voice in not holding in everything
    and that your sciatica is subsiding. Your subconscious has gotten the message.
    It must be a great relief to your MindBody.

Shakespeare said it years ago: "To thine own self be true."

3. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

Quadzilla, this is beautiful! I am so happy for you :happy:!