Recent content by Patti Kimler

  1. P

    Day 19 Physical after all?

    Thank you all for your responses and well-wishes. On the insistence of a friend, I am reading Christianne Northrop's book Women's Bodies,Women's Wisdom, and she does have interesting things to say about the emotional cause of fibroids. She and two other women who I call teacher, Caroline Myss...
  2. P

    Day 19 Physical after all?

    Part of the problem has been that male doctors tend to downgrade the effects of things like large fibroids and killer menstrual cycles. It took a female doctor to look at the ultrasound of my uterus and then look at me and say, "I can't imagine what you've been through." Everybody else (male)...
  3. P

    Day 19 Physical after all?

    Mine are huge and are likely to be the reason I can't walk. S o this may not be a TMS issue after all. I'm still hoping to have surgery this week, and my husband encouraged me to continue with the SED, just because it's put me in touch with so many buried feelings. Thanks!
  4. P

    Day 19 Physical after all?

    Wow. How a few days can change everything. When I first read the TMS book by Dr. Sarno, I had the same reaction many of you have described; I cried, and I saw myself on every page. My symptoms were a little different- not really back pain, but a pressure in my low back & abdomen that if...
  5. P

    Day 18 Blowing my Own Horn

    Thanks Jan. You're right - rage is the one emotion that I haven't allowed myself. I simply have too much to do in a short period of time, and rage can really use it up. But I like your idea of writing a letter and will do it, complete with foul language and all that. In the meantime, I may...
  6. P

    Day 18 Blowing my Own Horn

    Hi Veronica, You're probably right, but I'm trying really hard not to repress anything. I sit in the kitchen while my husband makes dinner and share my fears and concerns, the things I'm struggling to let go of, etc. But losing your home probably has some very primal links to the...
  7. P

    Day 18 Blowing my Own Horn

    Hi Y'all! My stress levels could have jumped off the scale this week. On Tuesday, mediation failed to let me keep my house here in FL, and I was informed that foreclosure would proceed. It wasn't a shock, and it wasn't traumatic, though it was a bit surprising that the bank was only willing...
  8. P

    Day 16 Life Marches On

    Thanks Leslie!
  9. P

    Day 16 Life Marches On

    It's all good! It has "new beginning" written all over it. Our house had become a very heavy brick around our necks, and now we are being relieved of that. It is hard to tell friends down here that we are moving so far away, but it is easy to stay positive. We are taking very little with us...
  10. P

    Day 16 Life Marches On

    A major source of stress in my life - something that really represents a chapter because it's gone on so long- is winding down. It's official. Our house is being foreclosed on and we will be moving from Central FL to Binghamton, NY within the next 60 days. Although it sounds stressful, it...
  11. P

    Day 12 Real life gets in the way.

    Hi G.R. and SandyRae, I am continuing on the program- I just completed Day 15. The mortgage stuff is coming to a head. Tonight my stepson will join us after work so we can discuss his financial involvement in a bail-out. I have so many negative emotions around this- I feel like a failure...
  12. P

    Day 12 Real life gets in the way.

    Just to share with you all something very real that is going in my life. Last May, my husband Bill & I were served with foreclosure papers on our house. It was not a surprise. Next Tuesday we meet with a mediator to try to resolve this. Thankfully, Bill's oldest son has expressed that it...
Back
Top