Recent content by MikeInFlorida

  1. MikeInFlorida

    Tennis ball trick

    I used to do this for my tight hip muscles. I'd lay on a tennis ball for close to half an hour. It felt good and maybe loosened things up a little, but they became tight again the next day. Eventually I gave up, and incidentally stopped worrying about it too. Magically the hip pain disappeared...
  2. MikeInFlorida

    Day 13 Most powerful resource

    For me, its been difficult to find good success stories. I find that my pain doesn't fit the typical TMS that Dr. Sarno talks about. Facial pain is briefly noted, bu tI'd like to see a chapter or recording devoted to it. I find that most success stories deal with issues I struggle relate to...
  3. MikeInFlorida

    Day 8 Tapping into the past

    Its funny. I spent the past year very consciously burying emotions. I've never been outwardly emotional, but for some reason I thought it'd be good to be as upbeat and stoic as possible the past year. I had a traumatic life/family event a few months back that left me feeling helpless. Did my...
  4. MikeInFlorida

    Day 4 Bad advice

    Thanks for your reply. I find that worry and stress exacerbate everything. Today my car wouldn't start and I had to get it towed. My symptoms have been awful all day...!
  5. MikeInFlorida

    at the start of tms wiki sensations getting stronger

    I am on day 4 - this happened to me last night and continued into today. It can be difficult to not feel discouraged, but I am trying not to think of it as a setback.
  6. MikeInFlorida

    Day 4 Bad advice

    The worst thing a doctor told me? I had a stroke! In reality, after having my scans triple checked by heads of radiology and experienced neurosurgeons, this was proven false. But this is what cemented the search for the physical cause in my head. I spent many sleepless nights on google for far...
  7. MikeInFlorida

    Day 1 Day 1 (kind of)

    The thing with sensations above the neck is that they are very hard to ignore. I've had neck, back, leg pain in the past and just ignored it and moved on, but its almost like brain knows that my weakness is anything in my face or head. I am actually starting to think that TMS will manifest in...
  8. MikeInFlorida

    Day 1 Day 1 (kind of)

    I've been reading and researching quite a bit the past few days, but today is going to be my first official day of the program. I am mostly convinced, and am now at the stage where my internal debates have become internal acknowledgements and dismissals of my old way of thinking. Still, it...
  9. MikeInFlorida

    Made a chiro appt, cancelled it because I felt guilty.

    I am new to all of this and still learning. I can tell you that the few times I went to the chiropractor, I left feeling about the same or worse. I also felt like my symptoms got worse the closer I got to his office while driving, as weird as that sounds. The same held true for physical...
  10. MikeInFlorida

    New Member with Questions (facial pain/trigeminal neuralgia)

    Steve, thanks for the sound advice. I thought that I had heard your name somewhere else... didn't realize it until now, but I have your book in my Amazon shopping cart! I am going to be reading it after I finish The Divided Mind. Plum, thanks for the words of encouragement. I came into this...
  11. MikeInFlorida

    New Member with Questions (facial pain/trigeminal neuralgia)

    Hello all, This is my first post – I am glad to have found this forum. I am here to help find some answers. I will try to keep my intro short. I discovered TMS just a day or two ago. I have spent the past month and a half chasing some awful pain which most closely fits the diagnosis of...
Back
Top