1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Tapping into the past

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MikeInFlorida, Aug 16, 2016.

1. MikeInFlorida

MikeInFlorida New Member

Its funny. I spent the past year very consciously burying emotions. I've never been outwardly emotional, but for some reason I thought it'd be good to be as upbeat and stoic as possible the past year.

I had a traumatic life/family event a few months back that left me feeling helpless. Did my best to bury feelings. Funny how journaling about it now caused me to experience those emotions more strongly than when it actually happened.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mike. I hope your journaling will help you to discover the emotional reasons for your symptoms. It should. Just try not to spend too much time experiencing those emotions. Recognize them and then lift your spirits. Be as upbeat as you can.

As for the traumatic events a few months back, there are some things we have no control over. We just have to let them go.
    It may not be easy, but it's worth working on. Try not to live in the past. Live in the present moment. It's much healthier.