1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Bad advice

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MikeInFlorida, Aug 12, 2016.

1. MikeInFlorida

MikeInFlorida New Member

The worst thing a doctor told me? I had a stroke! In reality, after having my scans triple checked by heads of radiology and experienced neurosurgeons, this was proven false. But this is what cemented the search for the physical cause in my head.

I spent many sleepless nights on google for far too long, trying to find where I fit. I'd see a piece of me here, a piece of me there, but nothing truly made sense. I don't have classic trigeminal neuralgia symptoms, and more recently, my symptoms have begun switching areas on my face. I could find nobody who was feeling what I was, and it made me feel isolated. My search to label myself, in retrospect, did more harm than good.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mike. Dr. Google can make us think we have every ailment, so it's best not to go there. See a doctor, then if nothing structurally wrong is found, believe the pain is TMS, from the emotions.

Also, don't let a friend play psychologist and tell you why they think you are in pain or can't sleep. They mean well, but can be as bad as Dr. Google or even worse.

Even if tests show some disc problem or something else, that may not cause pain. It can still come from the emotions.

Years ago I thought I had a heart attack, but when I went to the emergency room they said I "just" had an anxiety attack. It was no fun, but I learned do deal with my anxieties and fears, mainly through belief in TMS. It helped me and will help you, too. Just BELIEVE in TMS.

3. MikeInFlorida

MikeInFlorida New Member

Thanks for your reply. I find that worry and stress exacerbate everything. Today my car wouldn't start and I had to get it towed. My symptoms have been awful all day...!