Recent content by Kris

  1. K

    Exhausted

    Hi everyone. It's been almost two months since I initially made this post, and a little over a month since I got past my suffering. Yes, that's right, I am no longer suffering from TMS! Murmer, and others, I hope that my update can help you, because I know that I certainly clung to hearing...
  2. K

    Exhausted

    Well, it's 5:00 a.m. here and I've been awake for an hour in pain. Since I have returned from a very stressful overseas work trip five days ago, my TMS pain at night has gotten worse. Over the past three months, I have not had one single night of restful sleep. Not one. Most nights I average...
  3. K

    Suggestions for pain while sleeping

    Hi Fabi! I am honestly not making much progress. My pain got a little better during sleeping, to the point where I don't feel like I need to get out of bed EVERY night, but I still wake up at least a couple nights a week due to pain. I take a couple ibuprofen and it seems to relax me enough to...
  4. K

    Struggling with feeling helpless to TMS

    Thank you for all your replies. In addition to always being a very fearful and a "worst case scenario" thinker, another personality trait that I know contributes greatly to my TMS is that I put an incredible amount of pressure on myself and I feel pressure from others, whether it's real or...
  5. K

    Struggling with feeling helpless to TMS

    Hello everyone! I've been still fighting through my relapse. It's been about two months now, and the pain is getting steadily worse, which I know means that my fear of it is giving it a nice hospitable home. This relapse was so different than the first time I "beat" TMS. The first time, right...
  6. K

    Another question about sleep- stay in bed or get up?

    So I finally gave in and took a half of a low-dose Vicodin before bed last night that my doctor prescribed for me if the pain gets too bad. It was the first time I've taken it, and I was REALLY hesitant to take it because I felt like by doing so, it might send a message to my inner bully that I...
  7. K

    Another question about sleep- stay in bed or get up?

    Thanks Jan! That's been something I've really been working on- A) understanding and accepting this isn't a linear process, and B) loving myself and feeling that I am worthy of living a life without pain and anxiety. My inner bully really did a number on me and tried to tear me down and make me...
  8. K

    Another question about sleep- stay in bed or get up?

    Thank you for all your thoughts and suggestions. It's just so hard because I feel like I let my inner bully win when I lay in bed totally miserable, trying to shift and do anything I can to reduce the pain and get back to sleep. I thought I was doing a good thing by "breaking" the cycle and...
  9. K

    Another question about sleep- stay in bed or get up?

    Hello! So if you've read my posts lately, you know that I'm struggling with a TMS relapse after three months of being TMS-free. I feel that I've determined how TMS wormed its way in this time, and at this point the pain is just sticking around due to conditioning and fear/focus. I've been...
  10. K

    Acute back spasms won't stop

    My first round with TMS, I had very bad back spasms. When I read Healing Back Pain, I totally related to Sarno's words when he talked about how the spasms could cause the "trunk to become contorted." My waist literally dramatically curved to one side during these spasms, making the right side...
  11. K

    Getting worse...physical pain = emotional distress

    Thank you so much for your response Anne. The racing around trying to fix my brain and my pain is definitely what has been consuming me and causing the pain to stick around. I admit that I have been feeling weak and beating up on myself for letting TMS back in. I thought that once I knew about...
  12. K

    Getting worse...physical pain = emotional distress

    As always Mike, you are SO right. I have been putting a ton of pressure on myself. I just keep thinking, "I've healed from this before, what is wrong with me that I can do it this time?!" I know that putting that pressure on myself is not kind and not fair to myself. Because I am a problem...
Back
Top